Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material option: disabled IM needs some refinement

Hi,

I try to render a large interior space, anything is fine except some air condition exhausts at the ceiling. I found that disabling "use IM" for this object materials helps to avoid the IM artifacts, but the render times are extremely slow at this parts, because this scene is using 200 IM subdivs and this IM subdivs are used for the brute force part. (I don't understand how can this totally different calculations be connected.) Best would be if there would be a simple independent subdiv for the material brute force. I hope it can be fixed easily, it's a powerful option.

I asked at the 3dsmax section, maybe if no independent subdiv can be implemented than the 3dsmax way can be gone:
    http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...339#post658339

Ciao,
    Micha
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Hi Micha
    We have a way to add V-Ray properties to an object. We don't have all the option available in 3ds max, but have have few of them. They are located on the wrapper material. Wrapper material is a way to control extra object properties. Of course we have subdiv multiplier there. It is called "GI quality multiplier". This is how it work:
    1. disable Use iRR map to the base material
    2. create a new wrapper material and reduce the GI quality multiplier to what ever you want
    3. place the base material in the wrapper and apply the wrapper material to the object.

Now you will have a way to control the brute force subdiv from an object.

Comment

Hi Fer,

thank you for the hint, it works fine. A GI multiplier of 0.02 does the job, good quality and render time. Could be nice to see this option at all material types where the IM option can be found, it's a great feature.

Comment

Hi Micha
        I'm glad this worked for you. I don't disagree with you. Let see what we can do, but I think this should be an object property other than a material property. In this case you can use the same material for different object and have different subdivs setting for each object.

Comment

Object properties - a dream I forget. Will we see it at VfR 3?

Comment

We want to do that for VfR 3.0.

Comment

Working...
            X