Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grasshopper integration

Hi folks!

In a recent thread, I mentioned the possibility of using Grasshopper as a Slate editor for V-Ray materials. Is this integration something ChaosGroup looks for? Or is it something too peculiar to Rhino that it is not worth the effort? (it seems SketchUp and Rhino V-ray plugins are developed together...)

I insist in this topic because Grasshopper adds great flexibility to my Rhino modelling, allowing me to create my own alternatives to 3dsMax plugins like RailClone or Scatter for SketchUp. It would be great to have this flexibility when applying materials to multiple objects, or creating materials with multiple maps and layers.

One example of how Grasshopper integration is becoming essential, is Graphisoft's Archicad. The latest version of it comes with native integration with .3dm files, and a "Live Connection" component for communicating with Rhino and Grasshopper.

I am really curious about the opinion of you guys!
    Edson Maruyama
    Architect

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

well...hope dies last!
    Edson Maruyama
    Architect

Comment

Hi,
      I know they are working very hard to rewrite the all the code for the new version of V-Ray.

This it means, also, more scripting and customization capabilities.

One of the customization will be, for sure, toward grasshopper.
      There's already some simple prototype working

Don't loose your faith, it's just a matter of time.
      -R-

Comment

Yeah, was just watching a preview ChaosGroup gave to Novedge about VfR 3.0. Hope you are right.

It would be nice to have an official Grasshopper plugin from ChaosGroup, but I also believe in the Grasshopper community

Let's wait and see!
        Edson Maruyama
        Architect

Comment

Working...
        X