vray freezing during interactive rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray freezing during interactive rendering

Vray often freezing during interactive rendering and it occurs not only in a specific project. I'm using vray in sketchup for almost a year and all of this time I hope that with a new update something will be fixed. Today I decided to make sure that no one of my plugins installed could conflict with vray and fully removed them from sketchup and then made some simple scene with one of my model and during manipulating with moving lights, rotating camera, etc. and finally after 10 or 15 minutes I got vray stop responding and SU too. The only way was ctrl+alt+delete and restart it. So I can be sure that there is no problem with plugins. Then I did the same on my other device and the problem is the same. It makes my work unreal because I always afraid of it will freeze when working with my projects and of course sooner or later it really happens. For example, I can model in SU for hours, for all the working day and no freezings or restarts but only I need to do the final step - rendering as it always becomes like a nightmare with all that freezing, bugs, etc. So what kind of information I could provide you in order you could find out with that really serious problem? Some log file or what else?
    Last edited by summerson1990; 07-06-2020, 03:04 PM.

Hello summerson1990

This seems like an issue, which will require a TeamViewer remote control session, so that we can properly inspect the problematic behavior. If this is alright for you as a course of action, please send an email to support@chaosgroup.com with a link to this post and mention somewhere in the email that you spoke to me regarding a TeamViewer session. That way the case will be assigned directly to me and we can schedule the remote control session.
    Meanwhile, please make sure (if you are using an Nvidia GPU), that the drivers are the latest Game Ready Drivers downloaded directly from Nvidia's website.
    Last edited by Zahari.Ivanov; 08-06-2020, 05:03 AM.
    Zahari Ivanov | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by Zahari.Ivanov View Post
      Hello summerson1990

This seems like an issue, which will require a TeamViewer remote control session, so that we can properly inspect the problematic behavior. If this is alright for you as a course of action, please send an email to support@chaosgroup.com with a link to this post and mention somewhere in the email that you spoke to me regarding a TeamViewer session. That way the case will be assigned directly to me and we can schedule the remote control session.
      Meanwhile, please make sure (if you are using an Nvidia GPU), that the drivers are the latest Game Ready Drivers downloaded directly from Nvidia's website.
      I'm using the latest GPU drivers. What concerns a teamviewer connection: is there any way to see by myself some report or log file? The problem is that I'm not always can reproduce an issue so fast having not knowing what really makes it hang. Sometimes it can take 10-15 minutes to get a bug, but sometimes it can take more time (at about an hour). I've got no certain regularity to be honest to show you at once as we get a teamviewer connection. But the issue really exists during my working process and as long as I make some changes in my project and before I run VRAY I am always saving my project because I know that it could suddenly make SketchUp unresponsible and all my changes will be lost so working with VRAY needs from my side to be very careful and always remember to save a project before running an interactive rendering.

Comment

Hello summerson1990

I'm asking you about a way to see a log or some report file because in this way I could continue my work and as long as I get a bug again at least I could report you that instead of having a teamviewer connection maybe for almost an hour waiting for the issue be reproduced. But nevertheless, if there is no way to send from my side a report file surely I'll try to find time for teamviewer connection because I'm not going to endure it anymore. I saw some posts here and on other sites about VFB freezing not only in SU but in other software too but haven't found some appropriate solution that could work for me.

Comment

Hello summerson1990

Thank you for the reply, I understand and agree with your position on this. In that case, the log files could be very helpful for us to see if anything within them will give us data relevant to the issue you are experiencing.
          There are 3 types of log files, with which you can provide us:
          1. SketchUp's log files can be found in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp
          You should look for something along the lines of "SketchUpLog-2020-06-08-18_07_14". As you can see, they are recorded by date and time, so the latest one (right after the issue occurs) would be the relevant file.
          2. The V-Ray log files can be found in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for SketchUp and the file you should be looking for is a text file under the name "VRayForSketchUp"
          3. Finally, the Progress Log can be found if you click on the small rectangular icon at the bottom right corner of the V-Ray Frame Buffer. It has to either be copied to a text file or a screenshot could be taken of the contents. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the issue, this might not be accessible when the problematic behavior occurs.

Comment

Hello summerson1990

Thank you for the reply, I understand and agree with your position on this. In that case, the log files could be very helpful for us to see if anything within them will give us data relevant to the issue you are experiencing.
            You should look for something along the lines of "SketchUpLog-2020-06-08-18_07_14". As you can see, they are recorded by date and time, so the latest one (right after the issue occurs) would be the relevant file.
            2. The V-Ray log files can be found in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for SketchUp and the file you should be looking for is a text file under the name "VRayForSketchUp"
            3. Finally, the Progress Log can be found if you click on the small rectangular icon at the bottom right corner of the V-Ray Frame Buffer. It has to either be copied to a text file or a screenshot could be taken of the contents. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the issue, this might not be accessible when the problematic behavior occurs.
            Thanks. I'll notify you as I get this bug and send you reports and then if need we could make a teamviewer connection.

Comment

Hello summerson1990

So here it is. As I started working with rendering today I've got the bug again and vray hang and made SketchUp not corresponding too. I'm attaching you log files but not sure if this will help you as long as "VRayForSketchUp" is simply empty. I've sent you it as a private message to you and the scene I was working with. But as I said it occurs not only in this project. It is actually for all the projects. I can't copy the log from Vray progress window because of it not corresponding but I made a screenshot.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by summerson1990; 09-06-2020, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Hello summerson1990

After restarting SketchUp Vray stop on that step, the program is corresponding but no interactive rendering could be started. But after Windows restart, everything is ok again.
                Attached Files

Comment

And also before trying to restart Windows I tried to open my file again but it offers to open is in "read-only" way even it has been closed. I suppose that some process has not been closed somehow after exiting from Sketchup.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello summerson1990

One more error, I've never seen such before. But in this case, I was able to restart interactive rendering again without hanging. Maybe this will be helpful too.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello summerson1990

Thank you for the detailed information. We have one additional request - could you please provide us with a screenshot of your Window > Extension Manager window, as well as screenshots of the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchU p 20XX\SketchUp\Plugins and C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 20XX\SketchUp\Plugins folders?

Comment

Hello summerson1990

Thank you for the detailed information. We have one additional request - could you please provide us with a screenshot of your Window > Extension Manager window, as well as screenshots of the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchU p 20XX\SketchUp\Plugins and C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 20XX\SketchUp\Plugins folders?
                        yes, I've sent it to you as a private message. But I'm informing you again that I checked if the issue appears when all the plugins deleted except vray. I didn't simply switched them off, I manually removed them from C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchU p 20XX\SketchUp\Plugins to some temp folder then run SU and after I got the issue again having no any plugins installed I back them to Sketchup as logically are not the reason of this bug.

Comment

Hello summerson1990

By the way I'm ready to provide you an access to teamviewer connection if need. But as I said you should be ready for reproducing the issue we could spend at about an hour but may be much faster (10-15 minutes).

Comment

I have similar crash when using interactive...cpu or gpu. could be 5 minutes in or could be a half hour...but interactive rendering always crashes sketchup eventually for me. I'll be following this thread to see if you find solution.
                            Core i7-8700K @ 5 GHz, Kraken X72, Asus - ROG MAXIMUS X CODE, Trident Z 64 GB @ 3000 MHz, 2x Samsung - 970 Evo, 2x EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, Phanteks - Evolv X, SeaSonic - PRIME Ultra Titanium 1000 W, CyberPower - CP1500PFCLCD, 2x BenQ - PD3200Q, 2x Loctek D7L Monitor Arms, Corsair - K70 LUX RGB, 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse, Logitech - G602

Windows 10 Pro, Vray 5 for 3DS Max (latest), 3DS Max 2022 (latest), Vray 5 for Sketchup (latest), Sketchup Pro 2021 (latest)

Comment

Originally posted by GD3DESIGN View Post
                              I have similar crash when using interactive...cpu or gpu. could be 5 minutes in or could be a half hour...but interactive rendering always crashes sketchup eventually for me. I'll be following this thread to see if you find solution.
                              Nice that I'm not alone . In my case me too getting freezing no matter what engine was chosen: CPU/CUDA/RTX. But yesterday I decided to start checking if this is because of SketchUp autosave option. I was not working yesterday so long, but suppose that this is could be the reason as for now I didn't get the bug when turned off SU autosave. But I need some more time to make sure. So please could you do the same switching off these two settings and try and say what's on your side?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by summerson1990; 12-06-2020, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X