Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRAY Rendering Issues - CPU & CUDA

Hello Everyone
    I am new to VRAY. I am having a problem.
    Whenever I render with CUDA mode & GPU mode (Nvidia Quadro p2000), the spot light doesn't show colour temperature.
    It appears white even if I assign a colour temperature to it. However, the colour temperature is perfect in Rectangular light.
    When I render the same with CPU mode, everything is fine.

CPU rendering takes longer time then CUDA mode. Please help how to fix it.
    I have also updated the GPU with latest driver.
    Attached Files

Hello there,

I've tested a simple scene with Spot Light but it's working as expected over here.

1. Can you let me know the full version of V-Ray and SketchUp you are using? To check your V-Ray version, go to Extensions > V-Ray > Help > About.

2. Can you also send over a screenshot of your Settings tab in the V-Ray Asset Editor with the Camera menu open?
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Please have a look sir.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for these. Unfortunately, I still can't reproduce the issue.

Do you have anything textured in the map slot on your Spot Light? Can you try testing in a new scene to check if the behavior of Spot Lights is the same?

If so, it would be best to send over a scene for further investigation to support@chaosgroup.com. Mention this thread in the description.
        To save an archived copy of your scene, go to Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project.
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi audyr1,

What you've described is actually a known limitation of the GPU engine (both CUDA and RTX).
          Spot light textures are not supported.
          Even if the texture is just a Temperature / Color - it'll still not work.
          Rectangular lights on the other hand will be rendered as expected (as you've pointed out).

As a workaround I'd suggest you use the temperature slider in the V-Ray color picker.
          It should give you the same effect as the V-Ray Temperature texture.

Regards,
          Konstantin

Comment

Working...
          X