Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Loading File VRayForSketchup.rb

Hello,
    I cannot use the Vray for sketchup 6 1.00. When I run the sketchup 6, an error massage appeared. It says :

Error Loading File VRayForSketchup.rb
    998: Invalid access to memory location. - C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 6/Plugins/VRayForSketchUp/VRayForSketchUp.so

What is that mean? how to repair this problem so that i can use vary for sketchup 6.
    Please help me...

Re: Error Loading File VRayForSketchup.rb

I have exactly the same problem. Trying to run with Vista under bootcamp installation. Any solution?

Comment

I am disappointed that no one form Asgvis monitors or replys to the messages in this forum...does not bode well for users. I would like to install and use this product!

Comment

Originally posted by rmclachlan
        I am disappointed that no one form Asgvis monitors or replys to the messages in this forum...does not bode well for users. I would like to install and use this product!
        have you any dependency walker-tool(from ms-sysinternals tools or search in net - http://www.dependencywalker.com) to monitor which libraries(dllls) you need...like msvcp71.dll, msvcr71.dll
        I'm sorry for my English

Comment

I am having the same issue, but only when i installed the newest version of sketchup. i installed the new release for sketchup as well as the new release for vray. i have encountered so many problems with the new vray release that i am trying to go back to the old version but when i intall it that error comes up every time. not sure if it is related to the new sketchup version or not, but it is very frustrating. i hope that these prblems are addressed soon as we have bought a product that does not work as advertised. if it cannote be fixed we will probably be switching to 3ds max... which is a shame because this plugin has so much potential.

Comment

dear friends, its common to solve the problem and then no post the solutions... but i think i solved it, and i come here again for bring brack the solution, but, ill do it in spanish, because we latins have to crack our heads to find solutions for our troubles in theese forums and is twice as hard cuz we have to translate every mambojumbo til we find the righ thing to read.. ASI QUE ACA LES VA, QUE LES CUESTE TAMBIEN A UDS, PINCHES GRINGOS, CARIÑOSAMENTE LES DIGO.. AL TENER EL WINDOWS XP 64 BITS, ME SALIA ESTE ERROR AL HACER LA PRIMERA INSTALACION "Error Loading File VRayForSketchup.rb
            126: No se puede encontrar el módulo especificado. - C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 6/Plugins/VRayForSketchUp/VRayForSketchUp.so"
            HICE 2 COSAS, Y NO SE CUAL DE ELLAS ES LA QUE LOGRO HACER QUE FUNCIONE, ASI QUE LES DIGO PRIMERO...LO QUE HICE FUE DESINSTALAR EL SKETCHUP, Y LO INSTALE DE VUELTA EN PERO EN EL C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 6...(no en el progran files(x86)), Y LUEGO YA NO TUVE QUE CAMBIAR EL DESTINO AL INSTALAR EL VRAY, PORQUE ESE ES EL DESTINO QUE TE DA POR DEFECTO... Y LO SEGUNDO FUE METER LOS ARCHIVOS msvcp80.dll Y msvcr80.dll NO SOLO EN LA CARPETA DE WINDOWS SYSTEM 32 SINO TAMBIEN EN OTRA SYSWOW64... Y FUNCO.. ASI QUE.. HE AHI LA RECETA.. i hope i'll help u in any way.

Comment

Hello everybody,

It sounds like you guys could use some assistance. First and foremost, I would like to extend my apologies for not seeing this post earlier. We've recently starting using a new bug tracking system, and are currently in "crunch mode", trying to finish the latest release of our software. We haven't had much time to patrol the forums, and have been trying to get people to use the new bug system to help save time, and to ensure that everyone has their question answered. We now mainly use the forums as a place for users to help each other out. If you find that you have a technical issue that needs our attention, you should use our new bug tracking system, to ensure that we see your question, and are able to help you as quickly and completely as we can. The post entitled "Important notice about reporting bugs" has more information, and can be found in this forum.

We understand that at times you may be frustrated when trying to find a solution, that happens to all of us, but we ask that you please bare with us. Please keep in mind that we're not a huge company, and do not have a dedicated support staff (yet). If you use the proper channels to contact us, we will do our best to answer your questions as quickly and accurately as we can.

With that being said, since I'm here, I'll try to help with this issue as best I can. The tricky thing about this error message, is that it just means that you were unable to load our plugin. There are many causes of this issue, here are two of the most common issues that we come across.

-If you are running Windows Vista, you need to install the application with Administrator Privileges. This means that you need to right click on the installation program for V-Ray for SketchUp, and choose "Run as administrator". This is because our software was designed to work on Windows XP SP2 (32bit). Windows Vista has various new "security features" that can interfere with the way applications once ran on Windows XP SP2. To ensure that our plugin installs properly, you will need to run the installer with administrator privileges. If you need further assistance, contact your computer or network administrator.

-If you had a previous version of our product installed, there may be a version related issue. To fix this, follow these steps:
              1. Completely uninstall V-Ray for SketchUp.
              2. Delete the folder "C:\Program Files\Google\Google SketchUp 6\Plugins\VRayForSketchUp" and it's contents
              3. Delete the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ASGvis" and it's contents if you're running Windows XP. If you're running Windows Vista, you'll need to remove the folder "c:\ProgramData\ASGvis" instead.
              4. Make sure that you have the latest version of SketchUp installed.
              5. Install V-Ray for SketchUp (and make sure you run the installer as an administrator).

Please note that with either of these two scenarios, you want to be sure to disable any anti virus or security software that may interfere with the installation process. You may want to contact your computer or network administrator for further assistance when dealing with security software, it can be a bit tricky sometimes.

If you have any further issues, and you want us to help, we highly recommend that you use the new bug tracking and support system instead of the forum.

Best Regards,
              Devin Kendig
              ASGvis LLC.
              Best regards,
              Devin Kendig
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

oh god, i'm sorry...i just figured out why the problem error occurs. It's because i'm using sktechup 6PRO,not sketchup 6 standard version. Sorry guys.

Comment

Actually, our product is designed to work with SketchUp 6 Pro, not the standard free version of SketchUp. It's interesting that you've had sucess getting it to work with the unsupported version of SketchUp, but have had trouble getting it to work with the supported version. Did you have any 3rd party plugins or scripts installed in your SketchUp 6 Pro?
                  Best regards,
                  Devin Kendig
                  Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

hello
                    i have the same problem and i tried the steps "Dkendig" said. It did not work somehow. I use mac pro and under 32bit vista. Please help!

Thank you

Comment

Thank you Spanish frind. It solved the problem... I just translate it into persian for those who are not familiar in spanish:

ON HAVING DONE THE FIRST INSTALLATION " Error Loading File VRayForSketchup.rb
                      126: It is not possible to find the stated module. - C:/Program Field (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 6/Plugins/VRayForSketchUp/VRayForSketchUp.so "
                      I DID 2 THINGS, AND I DO NOT KNOW WHICH OF THEM IS THE ONE THAT I MANAGE TO DO THAT I WORKED, SO I SAY TO THEM FIRST... WHAT I DID WAS DESINSTALAR THE SKETCHUP, AND I INSTALLED IT BACK IN BUT IN THE C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 6 ... (not in the progran fields (x86)), AND THEN I DID NOT HAVE ALREADY TO CHANGE THE DESTINATION ON HAVING INSTALLED THE VRAY, BECAUSE THIS IS THE DESTINATION THAT GIVES TO YOU FOR SHORTCOMING... AND THE SECOND THING WAS TO PUT THE FILES msvcp80.dll and msvcr80.dll NOT ONLY IN THE FOLDER OF WINDOWS SYSTEM 32 BUT ALSO IN ANOTHER SYSWOW64... AND FUNCO.. SO.. IS THERE THE RECIPE

Comment

Hello all! This works for me: download and copy to system32; msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll

-TR

Comment

All files needed to run our plugin... come with our plugin's installer. If you don't right click the installer file and choose to run the installer as an administrator (regardless of whether or not you are currently logged in as an administrator, you need to do this because Microsoft is a pain in the neck), you aren't going to be able to install and run our plugin properly.

Also, I would like to note, if you would like us to answer any of your questions... contact us at support@asgvis.com. We want you to be able to use our software, so we'll do whatever we can to get you up and running. The forums are for user to user interaction. So the V-Ray for SketchUp and V-Ray for Rhino communities can collaborate and grow. We don't always check the forums much, beyond some moderation here and there. That should be apparent by looking around for responses from an ASGvis employee.
                          Best regards,
                          Devin Kendig
                          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by cordite
                            Hello all! This works for me: download and copy to system32; msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll

-TR
                            Hi,

Where i download this msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll two file please send me link

Email ID : security.sdpl@gmail.com

Thanks
                            RuturaJ

Comment

Originally posted by 2323688
                              Originally posted by cordite

-TR
                              Hi,

Where i download this msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll two file please send me link

Email ID : security.sdpl@gmail.com

Thanks
                              RuturaJ
                              Read devin's post before you.
                              Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X