Skatter and V-Ray 3.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skatter and V-Ray 3.6

It seems that some people are having issues trying to render Skatter setups with V-Ray 3.6.
    I can't reproduce this myself, sadly.

The thread in Skatter's forums : http://forums.getskatter.com/t/v-ray...er-objects/863
    Last edited by jiminy-billy-bob; 15-11-2017, 04:11 PM.

Yes, it doesn't work unfortunately. MacOS high Sierra, SU 2017 and 2018 Pro. No luck. If I create a vrmesh of the object it works though. It is a workaround for now.
    If you need more info let me know.

Best,
    Peter
    AMD Ryzen 9, RTX 2080Super, ArchiCAD 24, Vectorworks 2020, Sketchup 2021 Pro, Vray Next for Sketchup, Skatter, Twinmotion 2020

Comment

I have exactly the same issue.

Comment

It seems 3.6 breaks compatibility with Skatter. We will address this in 3.60.02. As a temporary workaround, open the ruby console and copy and paste the following one liner
        Code:
        class VRay::LiveScene::Mesh;def material;get_material(nil);end;end
        This has to be done once for each SketchUp session
        Sorry for the inconvenience
        Last edited by noel.warren; 16-11-2017, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Thank you! That worked.

Best,

Peter
          AMD Ryzen 9, RTX 2080Super, ArchiCAD 24, Vectorworks 2020, Sketchup 2021 Pro, Vray Next for Sketchup, Skatter, Twinmotion 2020

Comment

Skatter now automates the workaround in version 1.4.4 : http://forums.getskatter.com/t/release-1-4-4/967

It targets V-Ray 3.60.01 only, so it will have no effect on past and future versions.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X