Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray 3.6.02 issues

Hi,

I was making some sectional perspectives with the Mesh Clipper and I got the following issues:

1-V-ray Mesh clipper doesn't clip "render only" proxy objects which is generated by Skatter.
    Sective.jpg

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sective-2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	965.0 KB ID:	986262

2-The Mesh Clipper doesn't generate a cut hatch in the intersect mode for this model.

3-The render time for Sections and Mesh Clipper took around 3 times the whole image, I have sent an example file to support@chaosgroup.com

4- Vrscenes is not rendered correctly with skatter ("render only" mode), check this video.

5-When I apply a glass with a diffuse preview layer to a solid group and on any front and Back, the material will be opaque in the VFB. I have fixed the issue by applying the material on the all faces or by deleting the Diffuse preview layer and enabling the Binding slider.

Seems a bug for me, here is an example for the issue

6-Sections and Mesh Clipper Doesn't Clip the Vrscenes.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Mousa_SA; 04-03-2018, 04:33 AM.
    Regards,
    Mousa Abu Doush
    Architect | 3D Artist
    www.sketchuparchive.com

Known issue since the previous release with vrscenes and skatter - uncheck render only and they come in fine. Presumably because a proxy of a proxy is a bit silly, and vray doesn't understand the skatter proxy of the vrscene proxy that its making.

we've just been using the vrscenes at a lower poly count and then using full geometry, works perfectly. The section plane issues has also been a slight annoyance - I think in 1 project we were using vrscene file to reference a large amount of interior furniture for a refit - we ended up making a "cut" vrscene proxy and "full" one and just swapped between them. Not ideal, but I can understand the difficulty of trying to slice/boolean a proxied object from CG's perspective

Comment

Thanks for the tip Delineator, but this project is too big and this sectional perspective is just a small part of it. In this project all the shrubs in the scene are set to "Render Only" to avoid any slowness in viewport movement.

Regards,
      Mousa Abu Doush
      Architect | 3D Artist
      www.sketchuparchive.com

Comment

Hi,

I noticed these issues:

1-If I import this Skp proxy file to this Skp Project file which contain the same proxy, the Multi material for the imported proxy file become a standard material.
        2-When I create Triplaner map for this model and edit its axes, the edited component will be flipped in the VFB. Here is a video for the issue :
        http://www.screencast.com/t/STcxtsUvuqoI

Regards,
        Mousa Abu Doush
        Architect | 3D Artist
        www.sketchuparchive.com

Comment

Hi Mousa,
          All the things that you've listed are valid problems

Originally posted by sketchup_archive View Post
          1-V-ray Mesh clipper doesn't clip "render only" proxy objects which is generated by Skatter.
          This is something that we'll have to work on together with the Scatter developers to resolve.
          I'll keep you posted when there's progress.

2-The Mesh Clipper doesn't generate a cut hatch in the intersect mode for this model.
          This is something I was able to reproduce in Maya too. This means it's a core problem.
          It only happens if the objects that you're working with are big in scale and when the 'Intersect' clipper mode is active.
          As a workaround I would suggest you use the 'Subtract' mode (if possible).
          I will also report this as a core bug and hopefully it'll get resolved in the future.

3-The render time for Sections and Mesh Clipper took around 3 times the whole image, I have sent an example file to support@chaosgroup.com
          I'll check with the support team and possibly test the scene on my system.

4- Vrscenes is not rendered correctly with skatter ("render only" mode), check this video.
          Again, we'll have to help the Scatter devs to support the VRScene.
          It does not work like the proxy and I guess that's why they haven't implemented it in the right way.
          Thanks for pointing this out.

5-When I apply a glass with a diffuse preview layer to a solid group and on any front and Back, the material will be opaque in the VFB. I have fixed the issue by applying the material on the all faces or by deleting the Diffuse preview layer and enabling the Binding slider.
          Seems a bug for me, here is an example for the issue
          This issue is caused by something internal that we do for managing materials applied to different scene hierarchy levels (groups, components, faces).
          It will get fixed in the future since we have plans to re-design this internal logic.

On the other hand your setup is way too complicated I think.
          The proper way of doing something like this is: 1.Disable material or texture binding. 2.Setup your material the way you like it. 3.Assign a custom texture to the SK material, used only for the viewport representation. (No additional material layers are necessary)
          Unfortunately I noticed additional issue that does not allow me to set things up in the 'correct' way.
          Once it's fixed I'll let you know and send you an example scene.

6-Sections and Mesh Clipper Doesn't Clip the Vrscenes.
          I was able to find the problem causing this.
          Once again it has to do with VRay core but this time we might be able to work around it.

I am sorry that there is no easy solution for your problems.
          All the issues here have been logged and we'll do our best to resolve them as quickly as possible.

Thank you for the detailed and meaningful feedback!

Konstantin

Comment

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for this detailed reply, I will use the other methods you have suggested until until these issues is solved. Thanks!
            Regards,
            Mousa Abu Doush
            Architect | 3D Artist
            www.sketchuparchive.com

Comment

Originally posted by konstantin_chaos View Post
              Again, we'll have to help the Scatter devs to support the VRScene.
              It does not work like the proxy and I guess that's why they haven't implemented it in the right way.
              Thanks for pointing this out.
              From Skatter's point of view, there is no difference between a vrmesh and a vrscene, or any component or group, for that matter.
              Skatter simply gives a list of Transformations for a given Component Definition, for V-Ray to generate Instances of this definition at render time. What's inside these Definitions is irrelevant to Skatter.
              But I guess V-Ray treats them differently.

Comment

Hi jiminy-billy-bob,

My bad,
                we have to handle the VRScene scattering on our side.
                There are certain limitation with vrscenes but we'll do our best to have this implemented in the next version.

Regards,
                Konstantin

Comment

Please do!
                  VRScenes are so useful to transfer assets from 3dsmax to SketchUp, not being able to scatter them is quite limiting.

Comment

Originally posted by jiminy-billy-bob View Post
                    Skatter simply gives a list of Transformations for a given Component Definition, for V-Ray to generate Instances of this definition at render time. What's inside these Definitions is irrelevant to Skatter.
                    But I guess V-Ray treats them differently.
                    Unfortunately, our support for skatter is not general purpose. Hopefully we will be able to able to address this fully (lights, planes...) in the next major release. For the time being we have added support for VRayScene skattering.

VRayScene Skatter support should already be in the latest nightly. jiminy-billy-bob, could you verify that this works as expected so that we can guarantee it will work correctly for 3.60.03?

Comment

I'm running 3.60.590 (2018-03-20, the latest available to me), and it doesn't work.

Comment

Hi jiminy-billy-bob,

I've uploaded a new nightly build: 360614

Can you please try it out and let me know if it works.

Regards,
                        Konstantin

Comment

Yes it works great!
                          Thanks a lot to the team

Comment

Working...
                          X