Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pay to upgrade brand new Vray license to NEXT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay to upgrade brand new Vray license to NEXT?

Hey yall,
    Just checking to see if any one else had purchased new licenses recently and is being hit up for the $400 to upgrade a brand new Vray 3 license to Vray Next?

I just picked up a new license in the middle of November and missed the 'free upgrade' by less than 3 weeks. I'm pretty disappointed that I just paid $800 dollars for a new license that is now considered the same as one that I bought 2 years ago. And to use current version is now going to cost me $1200 (800+400), which is more than I just recently paid for a new Vray 3ds Max license. I also have older Vray licenses and completely understand having to pay to upgrade major versions, but having to pay to upgrade this brand new one doesn't sit right with me.

It's not the easiest business to make a profit in and software costs add up for us small companies. Now, after having just talked 'the powers that be' into buying an additional Vray license, now just 3 months later I'm trying to explain to them why we have pay an additional 50% to stay current because we can't upgrade to Sketchup 2019 until I get this straightened out. I've reached out to sales multiple times and have basically gotten the 'sorry about your luck' routine. I guess I was at least expecting some kind of discounted upgrade rate.... (expected more based on CG's reputation...are they just a big corporation now that doesn't care about the little guys?)

Opinions? Do you think I'm being unreasonable? Should I just let it go.....and wait until we have the $400 and upgrade?
    Core i7-8700K @ 5 GHz, Kraken X72, Asus - ROG MAXIMUS X CODE, Trident Z 64 GB @ 3000 MHz, 2x Samsung - 970 Evo, 2x EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, Phanteks - Evolv X, SeaSonic - PRIME Ultra Titanium 1000 W, CyberPower - CP1500PFCLCD, 2x BenQ - PD3200Q, 2x Loctek D7L Monitor Arms, Corsair - K70 LUX RGB, 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse, Logitech - G602

Windows 10 Pro, Vray 5 for 3DS Max (latest), 3DS Max 2022 (latest), Vray 5 for Sketchup (latest), Sketchup Pro 2021 (latest)

The prices may be ok for USA and Europa contries but 1 euro is over 6 Turkish liras and it costs a lot for us.. I know it is almost impossible to adjust prices for a program that sells online licences.. But still.. For example, 500 euro is 1/4 of an average salary for them, but it is almost 2 average salary for us.. Work two mont, eat nothing and you can buy a program licence.. Your situation is even harder.. But i think they have nothing to do..

Comment

The free upgrade option is available for purchases made in determined time frame before the release of V-Ray Next.

We do understand your situation and we really sorry about it, however we cannot extend that time frame.

Best regards,
      Georgi

Comment

Hi GD3DESIGN,

As you well know we always try to update our software as much as possible, not holding anything back.
        During the past 2 years we have released 5 free updates for V-Ray 3 (a really major one being V-Ray 3.6).
        Each update included big improvements and new features that enable new possibilities.
        Version 3.60.03 was released at the end of June 2018 and if you compare it to the original 3.4 - it's a superior product in every way.
        Hopefully this shows that we are doing our best to serve clients well.
        I also understand your point having purchased so close to the free upgrade mark but we had to pick a date and stick to it.

Regards,
        Konstantin

Comment

Hey Georgi & Konstantin,
          I'm just copying this over from another thread in case you miss it:

Hey Peter,
          After careful consideration, I'm really pissed off that you wanna charge me $400 to upgrade a Vray license I just bought in the middle of November. Now I can't upgrade sketchup without paying $400......on top of the $800 i JUST PAYED. That's $1200 for a brand new license...more than I just paid for a Vray for Max license....and is COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS.
          Core i7-8700K @ 5 GHz, Kraken X72, Asus - ROG MAXIMUS X CODE, Trident Z 64 GB @ 3000 MHz, 2x Samsung - 970 Evo, 2x EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, Phanteks - Evolv X, SeaSonic - PRIME Ultra Titanium 1000 W, CyberPower - CP1500PFCLCD, 2x BenQ - PD3200Q, 2x Loctek D7L Monitor Arms, Corsair - K70 LUX RGB, 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse, Logitech - G602

Windows 10 Pro, Vray 5 for 3DS Max (latest), 3DS Max 2022 (latest), Vray 5 for Sketchup (latest), Sketchup Pro 2021 (latest)

Comment

And don't tell me about how lucky I was to get the Vray 3.6 upgrade. I feel like you should have paid me for the time I spent trouble-shooting vray 3.4. You can easily search on hear and see how many problems me, Valero Studio and others spent with downtime working out bugs with 3.4....

Comment

Working...
            X