Export model from 3ds max with vray materials to sketchup 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export model from 3ds max with vray materials to sketchup 2019

Hi! Is it possible to export my model created in 3ds max with vray materials to Sketchup?

Found a way to do it with vrscene exporter. But when I imported it to SketchUp all the materials lost it's settings (glossiness, reflections, etc.) How can it be solved?

Comment

You can do that with Transmutr: https://help.transmutr.com/tutorials...v-ray-sketchup

Comment

Originally posted by jiminy-billy-bob View Post
        Hi, thank you for taking the time to comment but that link isnt working. Update: (oops! Working)
        Last edited by denmuk; 05-11-2019, 01:50 PM.

Comment

You could use the V-Ray Proxy importer to import the .vrscene file. Please note that this is different from SketchUp's import function, which allows the geometry of a .vrscene file to be modified.

For more detailed information, please visit https://docs.chaos.com/display/VSKETCHUP/Proxy+Scene
          Last edited by tsvetomira.girginova; 01-09-2022, 03:53 AM. Reason: Update link.

Comment

But with the vrscene import, you can't edit the materials

Comment

Originally posted by georgi.georgiev View Post
              You could use the V-Ray Proxy importer to import the .vrscene file. Please note that this is different from SketchUp's import function, which allows the geometry of a .vrscene file to be modified.

For more detailed information, please visit https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VNFS/Proxy+Scene
              Thank your for the response, however, when i use that method indicated in your post, the geometry appears like that of a proxy( which is pretty cool coz the impoerted vrscene model is lighter) but when i render, the materials still dont show up as everything has one material applied to the model/s. Tried this with different models and still same result.

If use the alternative of ......File> Import > (vray scence - "remove the lights") ... the model gemotry comes in as expected & to scale but the material will be one uniform one throughout the model/s.

I am using Vray 3.4 for 3ds max and vray Next for sketchup. Does the version difference have any impact on the vrscene materials etc... Given that 3ds max is using a lower version of vray, vray next on sketchup should have no problems interpreting geometry and materials as it has a newer reneder engine? Could i be wrong?
              Last edited by denmuk; 12-11-2019, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by denmuk View Post

Thank your for the response, however, when i use that method indicated in your post, the geometry appears like that of a proxy( which is pretty cool coz the impoerted vrscene model is lighter) but when i render, the materials still dont show up as everything has one material applied to the model/s. Tried this with different models and still same result.

If use the alternative of ......File> Import > (vray scence - "remove the lights") ... the model gemotry comes in as expected & to scale but the material will be one uniform one throughout the model/s.

I am using Vray 3.4 for 3ds max and vray Next for sketchup. Does the version difference have any impact on the vrscene materials etc... Given that 3ds max is using a lower version of vray, vray next on sketchup should have no problems interpreting geometry and materials as it has a newer reneder engine? Could i be wrong?
                OK!!!! I have figured out what the problem is... in order to import a vrscene( made in 3ds max) into sketchup flawlessly without losing materials or geometry.... it would seem that you have to be running relatively the same render engine version (i.e vray next latest update in 3dsmax and latest vray next for sketchup).... It appears that older versions of vray( in 3ds max) do not export the model/project properly and hence you discover missing material and missing geometry in some instances...

Thats what i tried and it worked for me to export from 3ds max using vray next and import into sketchup using vray next and walaaaah! it works. I got 30 day trial from chaosgroup to use with my 3ds max 2015.

and well if you use "https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VNFS/Proxy+Scene" as mentioned above, you geomertry will be in the form of a proxy and be super light forr your project....

Comment

Working...
                X