Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray toolbars won't stick between sessions

Hi,

Installed V-Ray 3.6 with SketchUp 2018, set up my toolbars, saved as template, chose template from Preferences, saved an Untitled skp file, closed session, but everytime I open a new SketchUp session the V-Ray toolbars are stacked in the viewport and I have to move them manually. Does anyone know how to fix this or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
    Jackson

SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

This is apparently known issue to Chaosgroup. Have been told that they are working on a hotfix.

https://sketchucation.com/forums/vie...629524#p629524
    Last edited by josephkim626; 08-02-2018, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I have sent you a private message.

Comment

This happend to me. I repaired the install (with "Run as an administrator") and it seemed to fix it.

Comment

Open a blank sketchup, fix toolbars position and save&close the file..

Comment

Thanks folks, but none of the above fixed the problem.

/Jackson
            SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

Same here. I still notice to this day.
              I must say, it is an intermittent issue, and if I try to reposition the toolbar multiple times, it will eventually stick.
              One thing I have noticed was that SketchUp often, not always hangs and runs (shown in task manager) after closing the windows.
              I do not know if this is related at all.

Comment

UPDATE:

I have no idea why or how, but suddenly the toolbars are behaving themselves correctly.

Thanks for the suggestions.
                SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

Also, when you do 'fix' it, any toolbar edits you make after installing/re-installing V-Ray will not stick.
                  Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Originally posted by ValeroStudio View Post
                    Also, when you do 'fix' it, any toolbar edits you make after installing/re-installing V-Ray will not stick.
                    One thing I have noticed is that "Chaos Software Ltd. Application Runtime" still runs on your background. You have to "Stop V-Ray Online License Server", and end the task to keep that off even after uninstalling V-Ray for SketchUp.
                    I suppose you have to remove the server and swarm as well.

Not necessarily related to this issue, but wasn't sure if it was related.

Comment

Working...
                    X