Something is going very wrong when I try to render a stereo cubemap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something is going very wrong when I try to render a stereo cubemap

I'm trying to render a stereo cubemap side-by-side (12:1), but I'm getting 18 squares instead of 12, and none of the faces are even square (farthest left face is stretched and rest are compressed). I'm thinking that I must be doing something wrong in the camera setting. See the images below for my camera setting and an incomplete render result.

Hi FrankGehry,

You are right, this is not what's supposed to happen.
    Can you please share a scene so that we can test here? (You can delete most of the objects and just place a cube in the center. That should suffice.)

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

Originally posted by konstantin_chaos View Post
      Hi FrankGehry,

Can you please share a scene so that we can test here? (You can delete most of the objects and just place a cube in the center. That should suffice.)

Regards,
      Konstantin
      I don't mean to sound naive, but what exactly are you looking for? Do I need to upload the actual Sketchup file?

Comment

Hi FrankGehry,

Regards,
        Konstantin
        I packed the project and attached it here. The problem was still occurring for me even after getting rid of just about everything.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FrankGehry View Post

I packed the project and attached it here. The problem was still occurring for me even after getting rid of just about everything.
          Thanks for the scene. The problem is reproducible on my system.

I've seen this before. Unfortunately we were not able able to determine the cause.
          There is an issue with the stereo settings in this project which is not something visible in the UI.

The solution for you is to reset the V-Ray settings:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Reset.png
Views:	77
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	984942

If you then want to re-apply your project settings you can use the .vropt file that I have fixed and attached:
          2018.02.21_chaosgroup (fixed).zip

Let me know if that works for you.

Regards,
          Konstantin

Comment

Thanks for the scene. The problem is reproducible on my system.

I've seen this before. Unfortunately we were not able able to determine the cause.
            There is an issue with the stereo settings in this project which is not something visible in the UI.

The solution for you is to reset the V-Ray settings:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Reset.png
Views:	77
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	984942

If you then want to re-apply your project settings you can use the .vropt file that I have fixed and attached:
            [ATTACH]n984943[/ATTACH]

Let me know if that works for you.

Regards,
            Konstantin
            Thank you so much for the help. I'm glad my solution wasn't difficult at all to execute. I truly appreciate your support!

FG

Comment

Working...
            X