Camera Field of View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Field of View

Is there any way of resetting the fray camera? it renders with an extremely wide field of view and does not match the Sketchup field of view. The camera position matches and moves with interactive render but renders a exaggerated perspective.

Originally posted by robD View Post
    Is there any way of resetting the fray camera? it renders with an extremely wide field of view and does not match the Sketchup field of view. The camera position matches and moves with interactive render but renders a exaggerated perspective.
    Hi robD,

Can you share an example scene with the problem that we can test here?
    In theory the FOV of the render camera should always match the SketchUp cam but there might be something else going on in your case which is scene-specific.

Thak you in advance,
    Konstantin

Comment

Hi Konstantin,
      Heres screens of the SU screen and the fray screen.

and a link to the packed project

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kogn03jko...dform.zip?dl=0

Thanks
      Rob
      Last edited by robD; 06-03-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Thank you,
        I'll take a look.

Comment

created a new file - copied pasted geometry, still odd. - to get this result I have to set position camera like this! Although from a distance, on a different view it matches the viewport.

Comment

Originally posted by robD View Post
            created a new file - copied pasted geometry, still odd. - to get this result I have to set position camera like this! Although from a distance, on a different view it matches the viewport.
            The issue in your scene was with a camera created using a plugin (Advanced Camera Tools maybe).
            It has already been fixed and will make it in our next release.

In the meantime you can run the following script that should fix the field of view in your scene:
            Code:
            Sketchup.active_model.active_view.camera.image_width = 0
            And this should do it for all scenes/cameras in the project:
            Code:
            Sketchup.active_model.pages.map(&:camera).push(Sketchup.active_model.active_view.camera).each{|c|c.image_width = 0}
            Thank you for pointing this out.
            Konstantin
            Last edited by konstantin_chaos; 09-03-2018, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Superstar, thanks will try

Comment

Just an update - this seems to occur when 2 point perspective is used in Sketchup, if I then try to pan etc the SU view movers but the Vray (interactive) does not, it updates, as in it recognises there is a change in the scene but the render camera does not move. the above script works but if I reset to a 2 point it occurs again.

Comment

Working...
                X