Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please HELP ! How to stop only the wireframe material - carrying object from casting shadows...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please HELP ! How to stop only the wireframe material - carrying object from casting shadows...

Hi

I am using VfSU 3.60.

I am facing problem with my wireframe object casting shadows on the ground. Since this object is supposed to be only a suggestive outline, it should not be casting any shadows at all.

(Please refer the two attached images)

Could anyone please guide me how to stop ONLY the wireframe material carrying object from casting shadows. I created the wireframe material by using the EdgesTex Map in the Opacity group, giving white color to the edges and black to the faces, and using Yellow color in the diffuse to impart the edges with the yellow color.

I am aware you can do it in 3DS Max by right clicking the wireframe material object in the viewport and deselecting the cast/ receive shadows option. However, this option is not seen in Sketchup. Or am I missing anything... !

Kindly help... Click image for larger version

Name:	test-render.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	987237Click image for larger version

Name:	DIRECTOR CABIN DETAIL (CABIN IN WIREFRAME).effectsResult.png
Views:	68
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	987238

Thanks in advance !

Ar. Nitin Sharma
    Macho3001

Hi Macho3001,

You can go to the 'Material Options / Raytrace Properties' of the shader used for edges rendering and disable 'Cast Shadows':
    Click image for larger version

Name:	castShadows_01.png
Views:	66
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	987310

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

Working...
    X