Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlight Glossines option

Hi,
    Is there a reason for not adding the higlight glossiness option to the multipliers section? What is the difference between the value next to the options and the value in the multipliers options? For example i look the "leather_A01_Black" material, reflection glossiness value is set to 0,6 and the multiplier value is set to 0,9..

Originally posted by kenancakir View Post
    Hi,
    Is there a reason for not adding the higlight glossiness option to the multipliers section? What is the difference between the value next to the options and the value in the multipliers options? For example i look the "leather_A01_Black" material, reflection glossiness value is set to 0,6 and the multiplier value is set to 0,9..
    Hi kenancakir,

1. The Highlight Glossiness is rarely used option since most often than not you'll have it locked to the reflection glossiness.
    I just thought that having a texture multiplier for it will be an overkill.

2. The value slider next to the options controls the float number or color value depending on the parameter type.
    The Multiplier slider on the other hand blends between a texture if such is present and a black color (or 0.0 float value). If there is no texture used the multiplier is just ignored.
    In case the blend mode is set to 'Blend amount' the texture gets blended with the color or value specified for the parameter.

3. In the case of the Leather_A01_Black_25cm material the value of 0.6 is ignored because there is a map input and the blending mode is set to Multiply.
    The Multiplier value of 0.9 on the other hand has an effect - It blends between the texture connected and a black/0.0 value.
    As a result the texture is darkened slightly.

Hope that helps.
    Let me know if you need more info on the topic.

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

Thank you for the answer.. In fact i am not using the hilight glossiness option much, a guy named Anas Asghar, who uses max and shares his material tests in vwartclub facebook page, uses almost on every material and his materials looks good to me.. I tried to get the same resaults but i couldn't saw the hilight glossiness option, so that is why i ask.. But i get almost the same resaults without hilight multiplier, thank you for explanation..

Comment

Working...
      X