Render output settings saved on SketchUp scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render output settings saved on SketchUp scenes

Hi, here is one thing I would love to have on one of the next updates for V-Ray for SketchUp.

Problem: Scenes created on SketchUp don't store the render output information. Because of that, we are not able to use Bath Render unless all the cameras have the same proportion, which won't be happening in every case.

Goal: store render output information on SketchUp scenes so we can use BR and V-Ray will consider the individually render output information to each render.

Hello,

Thank you for your post!

Please see the link below, which leads to another topic regarding the same question.
    I believe the workaround will be suitable for your case as well.
    https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...ender-question
    Last edited by slavcho.brusev; 05-06-2020, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the tips, but I suppose that this workflow is not intuitive and only people with coding skills could remember how to do that .
      Long time time ago I suggested a concept for how this feature could be implemented, but I suppose it was very complex to implement because V-ray plugin core in all progams (3D Max, Maya, SketchUp, Rihno and Revit, etc.) should be the same.

So here a suggestion that could be implemented in a shorter time.
      1- There would be a tab in the Asset Editer that has scenes (Cameras) in the sketchup model.

2-There would be a check box beside each scene name could be enabled or disabled in the Batch Render and these check boxes are synced with "Include in Animation" Checkbox in the Sketchup window.

3-When the right window is expanded in the Assest Editor, each scene would have 2 expanded tabs; the output tab and the Camera tab, the options in each tab would be greyed out by default in order to get the setting from the global settings, and the would be an override checkbox for each tab could be enabled to override the global settings.

4- The scene with override settings would be highlited with a grey color in order to know that it has been edited.

5-In the future versions (V-ray 6 or higher) other settings could be overrided optionally by adding it from a plus icon ( Like the Translucency and displacment, etc on the material window), Kindly note that the camera and Output settings what is usually edited.

I suppose that is the most challnging thing is changing and saving the safe frame for each scene, so here are some suggestion:
      -When the value of the Safe Frame aspect ratio is Enabled or edit in the Assest Editor it will be saved directly to the scene.
      -When Scene is created by adding it from a selected Scene that has override setting, then the new scene would get the same setting of the previous scene.

I hope you find these suggestion useful.

Last edited by Mousa_SA; 05-06-2020, 02:52 AM.
      Regards,
      Mousa Abu Doush
      Architect | 3D Artist
      www.sketchuparchive.com

Comment

slavcho.brusev Thank you very much for your kind suggestion. Unfortunately, as well said by Mousa_SA that workflow is not friendly and can get most of the users confused, I think. But that is ok, my goal with this post was just to register in "V-Ray for SketchUp - Wishlist" a feature that I would love to see in the future!

Mousa_SA Just wanted to say that I love your website - SketchUp Archive -, and your suggestion above has a lot in common with what I had in mind, I think that is a friendly way to solve the problem... And not just for the render output, but also to other things like the Focus Point as well.

Thank you very much for your kindness and attention, guys!
        Have a lovely week!
        ​​​​​​​Gabriel Chahoud

Comment

GabrielChahoud it is a pleasure to hear that, thank you
          Regards,
          Mousa Abu Doush
          Architect | 3D Artist
          www.sketchuparchive.com

Comment

Working...
          X