Converting UE4 Materials, Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting UE4 Materials, Possible?

I've been using UE4 for architectural since Feb '15. Does V-Ray for UE4 offer an option to convert UE4 materials into V-Ray? Basically a lot of my scenes are UE4 instead of 3D Max, and I'd like to know if I can easily convert them to V-Ray for UE4.

Thanks!

Hi, Teriander

V-Ray for Unreal can render Unreal materials. You just have to make sure and check that the expressions that are used in the materials are supported in the latest build. You can check that info here in the docs: Unreal Materials and Material Instances. We are constantly adding support for more inputs, expressions, shading models and blend modes. It would help us a lot if you could send samples of the master materials that you are using to see what expressions are used. If there are unsupported once we will try to add them to the next release of the build. Make sure to keep an eye in the Announcement section of the forum for latest builds info and changelog.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Alexander,

I've started to manually convert my UE4 materials to Vray Instances(VrayPBRMtl as master) to avoid any material issues. I ran into one issue during the conversion process that involved textures that were scaled for tiling, rotating, and offsetting inside UE4. I have several custom functions in my UE4 materials and I converted one of these functions into my VrayPBRMtl. You may want to consider having this feature available for everyone. Sometimes its faster to adjust scaling directly inside UE4, instead of re-exporting from 3D Max.

Attached are screenshots of my function library and the results inside the VRayMaterialInstance.

Comment

Working...
      X