Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to Vray Sun/Sky in latest build 4.02.06

Hi,

We had been using the original post-beta build for unreal since it came out and I just downloaded the latest Hotfix (4.02.06) today. When I opened the scene I had been working on, the lighting immediately looked different- I thought I would just have to rebuild the scene and it would be fixed but that didn't work. Then I noticed the details panel of the VraySunAndSky actor changed, in the previous version there was a separate editable category for the skylight and the directional light, we have been setting the directional light to static in our scenes as it helps with performance at run time and we think the lighting actually looks better after doing that. But in the latest build you can no longer select and change the options for the skylight and directional light, why is that? I'm assuming the directional light's default is set to movable still but can I change it anywhere? I would also like to know which setting is technically more realistic, the static directional light or the moveable one? When we set the light to static it seems like the GI is much more detailed and brighter, leading me to believe that's the more realistic option...but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help/clarifications!

Hi, tmbarker531

We have reworked the UI for the SunAndSky and DomeLight. Now you don't have to go to the individual skylight and directional light component and set their mobility to static to prepare the scene for light bake. We have add the Set for Light Bake option in the blueprints which makes converts to static. When it is unchecked the skylight is set to Stationary and the Directional light to movable. When the box is checked all lights are static. You can check the Set for Light Bake and you should be back to your original setup. You can check the docs here: VRaySunAndSky.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Last edited by Alexander.Atanasov; 06-12-2018, 11:19 PM.
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Great, thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X