Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First use

Hey guys,

I'm testing out the VRay for unreal demo and have brought in a scene that I made a while back. It's just a simple room, with some various assets from sites like designconnected, etc. I've sat through your webinar and am going to try to replicate as best I can what the original scene rendered out like, however I've seen a few issues...

First off is several of the designconnected assets have come in as luminous pink - and others have come in just fine. Why should this be?

Secondly in your webinar you hit "bake" and a single, large map was created. This doesn't seem to happen for me; it seems to be generating multiple maps?

I am a novice at this, so if I've missed something simple I apologise.
    Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Hi, Macker

Thank you for spending time trying our product!

several of the designconnected assets have come in as luminous pink - and others have come in just fine
    The pink material implies that the original material used in the scene is not yet supported. For an example if an SSS mtl or VRscans mtl is used that will result in an imported pink material. Please check the docs for currently supported materials and features here: Supported Features.

in your webinar you hit "bake" and a single, large map was created. This doesn't seem to happen for me; it seems to be generating multiple maps?
    In the webinar we optimized the atlases and increased the resolution for presentation purposes. Current there is a 1kx1k texture minimum limit for atlases set for performance reasons. If the texture is larger then you will have larger RAM consumption. In the future we will add the ability to manually set the atlas resolution. When this feature is available we will mention it in the Announcement section on the forum and in the release notes in the docs. You can also check this post here regarding light maps baking: Light baking to multiple textures.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hi Aleksander,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't suppose you guys have a script that I could run to cycle through my max scene to check if it's compatible with unreal? Or perhaps something like the vray scene converter, but that works for unreal?

www.robertslimbrick.com

Comment

Apologies, you'd already answered this.
        Last edited by Macker; 08-01-2019, 05:19 AM. Reason: Delete this

www.robertslimbrick.com

Comment

Working...
        X