black and white only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black and white only

just starting to test vray in unreal - everytime I hit the vray button, it acts like its working, but the render is like an alpha channel - black and white only - and I don't mean a grayscale - literally black (mostly) and white - I feel like this suggests something obvious, but I am not seeing it. what could be the problem?

Hi, jwfvr

Can you please send screenshots from Unreal, type of materials you are using, messages from output log, hardware config. We haven't had such an issue before and anything that you can provide will help us figure out what the problem may be.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

yes - attached is a screenshot of the unreal scene along with the vray window and error log. I tried the same settings on another unreal project, got better results with the same exact material and mesh ( the sofa) but the sofa did not render at all - the metal legs rendered as if the sofa was totally invisible. hardware is typical - i7, 32 ram, (2) 1080's
      thank you for your help!!
      Attached Files

Comment

and sorry - attached is a screen shot of the material - the sofa is using something rather basic, but the walls and floor are using a material with vertex painting.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi, jwfvr

From the screenshot of the output log and the material I can say a couple of things:
          - Error: Non VRaySettingsEnvironment blueprint used! - you have plugged something in the Environment slot in the V-Ray settings. In there you should only set VRaySettingsEnvironmnet blueprint: see docs:V-Ray Settings Environment.
          - Warning: Failed GLSL compilation - the materials or expressions that you are using are not currently supported and are rendered using the Fallback Material in the V-Ray Settings: Fallback Material. You can check here the supported materials, blend modes, shading model and expressions in the docs here: Unreal Materials.
          - all expressions in the material are supported except for the blend overlay function. Inside it there is an If expression which is not supported in the latest 4.02.04 version of the plugin.
          the walls and floor are using a material with vertex painting.
          Vertex painting is not yet supported. We will add that feature in future version of the plugin. Make sure to keep an eye in the Announcement section of the forum for latest builds info.

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X