Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ue4 native materials support

Hi!

I have installed the trial to see what vray can do. Unfortunately as soon as I use native ue4 material in the scene the renderer wont do anything, if I use VRayPBRMtl instances only, the renderer does its job, but when I add a basic cube to the scene with unreals native white basicshapematerial the renderer opens but nothing is rendered. Is there anything I have to do in order to use native ue4 material and be able to render?

I am using ue4.21 and vray 4.02.06

thanks!
    mj

Hi, Matej

Unreal native materials can be rendered with GPU only at the moment. If you are using V-Ray Hybrid(CPU+GPU) or CPU only, V-Ray will use the Override material set in the V-Ray Settings tab, which by default is transparent, and all meshes that have unreal materials will be rendered transparent. Set only your GPU device in the VRay CUDA GPU Device Select and you will be able to render supported unreal materials. Please note that not all expressions, blend modes, shading models and inputs are supported at the moment. Check the documentation for current support of the latter: Unreal Materials and material Instances.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Thanks, that helped!

one more thing I have came up across, what should I do about this message please?

cant modify renderer while asynchronously preparing to start rendering

how do I create texture 'exports/links' before rendering?

best,
      mj

Comment

Hi, Matej

cant modify renderer while asynchronously preparing to start rendering
        Those messages mean that you are in Interactive rendering and navigating in the scene while V-ray is preparing the scene for rendering. They won't appear if you wait out the preparing scene stage. When you see the render in the VFB you can navigate in the scene without these messages.

how do I create texture 'exports/links' before rendering?
        Can you please explain a little bit more, what do you mean by texture exports/links'?

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X