Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Baking stop working

Hello,
    I am just trying out V Ray for unreal, I am using the demo for now.
    I have a 3D MAx scene, followed all steps and it did a few test renderings, then I decided to try the baking function and, V Ray didn't tell me if it was working on not, I saw a texture being baked, but then it seems to stop, I cclick cancell and try again and then I got several errors in my screen, I am attaching a screenshot of the log file.
    As is right now the scene can't render, everything looks black, and on the viewport looks like when Unreal is loading textures, but nothing load.
    I can't bake or render now.
    any help or explanation would be appreciated.
    Fco.

Hi, Fco

From the screenshot it seems that the meshes doesn't have a material applied to them. The default WorldGrid material that you see have some expressions in it that we don't support and will not render correctly. Can you try to assign a V-Ray material or a material that contain supported expressions and try a bake? To see the list of supported Blend modes, Inputs, Shading models and expressions check the docs here: Unreal materials and instances. Please tell us how it goes.

Bet regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Thank for the answer Alexander, sorry for my late response.
      Regarding this issue, the original file was a V Ray file, with materials and textures, everything was displaying correctly in Unreal before, no incompatibility warning.
      After I tried to bake, and I didn't get any feedback I started to do other thing and I guess that canceled the baking process?? but it was then that the whole scene turned white ( sketched pattern) and everything lost materials and shaders.

Comment

Hi, Fco
        Have you tried to reimport the vrscene after that in a new level? On import we do a check if the asset exists in the content browser and level and if does we use that asset. So when you reimport the process is much faster since the assets are already created. Try to import the vrscene in a new level and see if all is OK.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X