Packaging failing with Vray Plugin Enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packaging failing with Vray Plugin Enabled

Hello. I have recently purchased the Vray for Unreal plugin, and while I've had very good luck importing vrscenes into the ue4 editor and successfully baking GI using Vray, I cannot seem to successfully build / package a project with the Vray plugin enabled.

If I try to package a project (that contains an imported vrscene) for win64, I get the following error message in the log when the packager attempts to build the project:

Click image for larger version

Name:	JAZ_Guestroom_Fail.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	580.3 KB
ID:	1029576

On the other hand, if I package the same project for win32, it finishes successfully without any errors. However, when I try to run the exe files generated in the the WindowsNoEditor folder, it does not open. I double-click on the file, the mouse icon changes to loading for a few seconds, and then nothing happens. I looked around on ue4 forums to figure out why that might be happening. A few people had suggested disabling the antivirus as it might be blocking the file from executing, but that did not help.

If I try to run the win32 exe file generated in the Binaries folder of the project, it opens and the level loads, but it loads without any materials.

This led me to wonder if packaging is working at all on my computer for a brand new project without any imported vrscenes, and that's what I tested next - I created a new project and added the VR-Basic level. I packaged it for win64, and it completed without any errors and worked perfectly fine. Then I enabled the Vray plugin in this new project and tried to package it again, and I got the same error that I got earlier with the other project that had the vrscene in it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Myproject2_Fail.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	562.1 KB
ID:	1029575

All of this indicates that the packaging only fails when the Vray plugin is enabled.

In both cases, the error seems to occur when the packager tries to build the exe file, and it encounters the following error: Module.VRayForUnreal.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __libm_sse2_sincosf_

Has anyone else encountered this error? I have uploaded the full log files in case they are needed to assess the problem. "JAZ_Guestroom_64bit" is the log for the project containing the imported vrscene, and "MyProject2.txt" is the log for the new project with the VR-Basic template level added (and Vray plugin enabled).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Hi, wasay

From the logs that you sent I can see that you are packaging with Visual Studio 2015 14.0. V-Ray for Unreal can be packaged with that version of VS only on 4.19, for 4.20 and 4.21 you need to use VS 2017. Can you upgrade your VS to the latest version and check if that solves your problem. Tell us how it goes.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Thank you for the response, Aleksander. I'll install VS 2017 now and check again.

Comment

That did the trick. Note to anyone trying to package your projects with Vray - make sure VS 2017 is installed. Thanks.

Comment

Glad to hear that worked out. Added to the docs in the System Requirements.

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Last edited by Alexander.Atanasov; 14-03-2019, 03:28 AM.
          Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X