Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Ray GPU using Turing raytracing hardware (RT Core)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray GPU using Turing raytracing hardware (RT Core)

https://youtu.be/yVflNdzmKjg

This demo is running on experimental V-Ray GPU build with a pre-release Quadro RTX 6000 and driver, using RT Cores.
    This makes V-Ray GPU the first commercially available production GPU render that uses the hardware accelerated raytracing in Turing.
    All current V-Ray GPU versions support the NVIDIA Turing architecture natively.
    The new raytracing hardware in the Turing architecture (RT Core) requries experimental V-Ray GPU build, which is available on demand during the Turing pre-release period.
    Production scene courtesy of Dabarti. No denoising used.

V-Ray fan.
    Looking busy around GPUs ...
    RTX ON

Originally posted by savage309 View Post
    The new raytracing hardware in the Turing architecture (RT Core) requries experimental V-Ray GPU build, which is available on demand[...]
    Hi Blago,

Is there a sense of how much the raytracing tech speeds up a typical scene? I realize ‘typical’ is vague, but it’s hard to gauge from the YouTube example what kind of improvement we’re looking at over, say, a 1080 Ti.

Thanks!
    Daniel

Comment

Not seen any bench marks for it yet: https://benchmark.chaosgroup.com .... The number 1 ranked GPU score there is cryptic to me however.
      "AMD A8-7650K Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G x4, Spectre 2559MB"
      What the heck is that?
      WerT
      www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

werticus Seems wrong to me. Will investigate. Thanks for reporting it

danio It's really early to say. Best to wait while the cards are out and thoroughly benchmarked.
        Alexander Soklev | Team Lead | V-Ray GPU

Comment

Originally posted by danio View Post

Hi Blago,

Is there a sense of how much the raytracing tech speeds up a typical scene? I realize ‘typical’ is vague, but it’s hard to gauge from the YouTube example what kind of improvement we’re looking at over, say, a 1080 Ti.

Thanks!
          Daniel
          We have only pre-release hardware and drivers, so it is very hard to say.

Best,
          Blago.
          V-Ray fan.
          RTX ON

Comment

Blago, two questions on Lavina and some of the videos released. It seems as if Optix would be the implementation for professionals, no? If so, why was Lavina implemented in DXR?

The other thing I was thinking about, would it be possible to implement your internal .vrscene viewer that Vlado used in his presentation as an Activshade in the 3ds Max interface?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicinus View Post
              It seems as if Optix would be the implementation for professionals, no? If so, why was Lavina implemented in DXR?
              When we started looking into Lavina back in February, OptiX was not exactly where we needed it to be.

The other thing I was thinking about, would it be possible to implement your internal .vrscene viewer that Vlado used in his presentation as an Activshade in the 3ds Max interface?
              That has certainly come up as a possibility, but it's a bit early to say. We'll see.

Best regards,
              Vlado

I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Optix is nvidia only right? Be better if they support AMD too.
                WerT
                www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by werticus View Post
                  Optix is nvidia only right? Be better if they support AMD too.
                  OptiX is NVidia only, yes. I don't think it will ever support AMD. On the other hand, AMD may choose to support DXR and the raytracing extensions for Vulkan, but I don't know if these are enough for a production renderer (f.e. DXR does not support motion blur, which we kind of need ; not sure about Vulkan though)

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Seen a vray bench on the 2080ti
                    it gets 52seconds vs 69seconds for the 1080ti.
                    Plain 2080 gets 70 seconds.
                    WerT
                    www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

So basically none of them are worth buying over 10 series until Vray adds support for RT cores.
                      Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                      AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

yeah it would be nice is chaos chimed in with some performance opinions now that embargo is lifted.
                        WerT
                        www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by werticus View Post
                          yeah it would be nice is chaos chimed in with some performance opinions now that embargo is lifted.
                          Performance numbers can be shared only if they are made with official and not pre-release hardware. As soon as we have such, we will share them.

Best,
                          Blago.
                          V-Ray fan.
                          RTX ON

Comment

Do you know guys if NVlink will allow memory sharing through NVlink on consumer grade cards (2080/2080 TI)?

Comment

Originally posted by CCOVIZ View Post
                              Do you know guys if NVlink will allow memory sharing through NVlink on consumer grade cards (2080/2080 TI)?
                              AFAIK - yes, it should allow for memory to be shared both on consumer and pro Turing GPUs with V-Ray GPU, *but* we haven't tested yet and we will make a post once we do.

Best,
                              Blago.
                              V-Ray fan.
                              RTX ON

Comment

Working...
                              X