Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple GPUs on DR message box question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Depending on the way you run the RT slave server - manually or as a Windows service; you may have the V-Ray RT render server window visible or it can run in the background as service only. The render log for each RT job is saved in the Temp folder (C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp) and the name of the file is something like this : vraysl_log_20206.txt

Currently the best way to track down the GPU utilization on the render nodes is to use some of the GPU monitoring tools. From the RT window or Log file on the render slave you will be able to verify that the this machine/GPU is utilized for the current render job. You can also monitor the memory consumption from the log.

There are plans to make the VFB in RT GPU mode more informative by adding the GPU utilization for all render nodes participating in the rendering. In the latest builds we can print this information only for the local GPU.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I know this thread is old, but is there a way in 3.6 to see if the DRs are rendering (while production animation rendering)? Right now I can only guess based on how long a frame is taking to render...

Comment

I run a win 7 gadget on each node for each gpu, gpu monitor, I think it's called. Thru Remote Desktop I can see if gpu is being utilized.

Comment

Working...
        X