Speedtest Adv vs. RT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedtest Adv vs. RT

I love the new V-Ray RT. I got a speed boost in nearly all "old" scenes rendered in Adv. And thats only with one GTX 980 ti. Here is an example:

OK, the grass (itoo Forest) looks different but I reckon I'll figure out why. Any suggestions?

Regards
    Olaf Bendfeldt
    3D-Artist
    dimension3+

Check the shaders assigned to the grass. If you don't find anything, feel free to send me a scene (grass and lighting only).
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Yes, production rendering with RT does feel snappier than before. I like it. I remember that 3.5 cleared the progressive buckets/patches slower. I'll probably make some comparison tests vs Vray 3.5 when I have some more free time to see if there's indeed a speed boost and how much.
      Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
      AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

RT doesn't support forest pack tint maps and also translucency maps on 2 sided shaders. I think one of those would be your problem. Also the edge mode in forest pack which is often used for getting nice clean grass edges doesn't work in RT.

Comment

Yes, you're right, the Forest Color mapped tint is the culprit.
          Olaf Bendfeldt
          3D-Artist
          dimension3+

Comment

Working...
          X