Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get a better idea of my lighting setup with RT IPR? IPR is darker than final rendering with BF+LC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get a better idea of my lighting setup with RT IPR? IPR is darker than final rendering with BF+LC.

I want to get a more realistic idea of how the lighting will look like when I render my final images with BF+LC in RT. RT IPR always looks darker so I bump up the lights' intensity and when I'm ready to render the final image with BF+LC everything is brighter. What is the correct workflow? Or is this not possible with RT and I should use Adv IPR?
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Are you using RT activeshade for the previews and then RT production renderer for the final images?

I find that in RT (production or activeshade) the lighting looks a bit darker in the first few seconds/passes but after that it should be accurate and should be the same whether using activeshade or production and no matter what resolution you're rendering at. If you are swapping between RT and Adv... then thats another story completely.

Comment

Hello,

When rendering with ActiveShade you don't use LightCache - so you get limited GI bounces.
      I assume you are talking about ActiveShade with CPU? In that case probably Adv IPR will be better for preview..

Best regards,
      Yavor
      Yavor Rubenov
      V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
      X