Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RT Distributed Rendering couldn't obtain a licence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT Distributed Rendering couldn't obtain a licence.

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to use the distributed rendering for my Vray RT 3.60.03. It works fine when I only select the render slave's card for rendering. However, when I try to use both of my local's and slave's resources for the rendering. It said "couldn't obtain a licence". The sales department said I may need another licence for the slave machine. But it doesn't make sense a buy a whole new licence for only a render slave machine. So is there any settings or so to solve this problem since I only want to borrow the resources from the render slave machine to boost up the rendering time.

Thank you.
    Best,
    Judith

Hi Judith,

This is how things work in almost every commercial render - if you want to use another machine for rendering, you need a license for it. There is a separate type for that and it's called a render node license.

p.s. you can always try to put the card from the slave machine into your main workstation
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
      Hi Judith,

This is how things work in almost every commercial render - if you want to use another machine for rendering, you need a license for it. There is a separate type for that and it's called a render node license.

p.s. you can always try to put the card from the slave machine into your main workstation
      Thanks for replying! But what if I am just trying to use the card resources from the machine? The RT distributed rendering frame is still happening on my local workstation's screen. Does it still need a licence to do that?
      My local workstation already has 4 GTX 1080. It still takes ages for a large poster size rendering. Any idea of boosting the rendering time up instead of buying another render node licence?
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by chuwaiting View Post
        Does it still need a licence to do that?
        Yes.

Originally posted by chuwaiting View Post
        It still takes ages for a large poster size rendering. Any idea of boosting the rendering time up instead of buying another render node licence?
        Share your render settings or even better - send me the scene.
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X