Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPU distributed rendering - do I need a different spawner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU distributed rendering - do I need a different spawner?

So normally with CPU, I have to have the Vray next DR spawner running on another machine.... but it never seems to work with GPU.

Is the process different, because I never can get it to work.
    http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Yes, there is a different spawner for the GPU. From the start menu you can choose "Launch V-Ray GPU 4.0 render server" to run it - see attachment.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Attached Files
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...uted+Rendering
      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
      Chaos

Comment

Hey, is there any equalivent to this for Maya? (Having problem with DR GPU utilization)
        My Artstation
        Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
        Sun Tsu

Comment

There is no specific DR server in Maya for GPU or CPU, it should automatically follow the client's choice of engine. What kind of utilization problem do you have?
          If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

Hey Peter, I actually got it working a short while ago...I also had a problem with low utilization of both GPUs but after following some other forum topics I fixed it with Ray per pixel size. Thanks anyway!
            My Artstation
            Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
            Sun Tsu

Comment

Working...
            X