Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alembic sequence expand # to frame number not working in RT

Hello

I have a animation sequence saved per frame in ABC format, loading via vray proxy. I`m using # to replace the frame number as usual. For example WeaponAnim_####.abc
    This renders fine in vray advanced. But it fails to load in vray RT(both cpu and cuda). Rendering same abc file with manually typing the frame number WeaponAnim_1405.abc works fine in RT. So my guess it`s the #### replacement issue.

using vray 3.60.03 ,Max 2017 x64

Can somebody from chaos check if this is a bug?
    Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

Hello!

Thank you for reporting this. V-Ray RT is not resolving the path as file sequence and it looks for a filename that actually contains the hashtag symbols. I don't think V-Ray RT ever supported this for VRayProxy. I'll make a note for it in our bug tracking system.

Best regards,
    Margarita
    Margarita Stoeva | chaos.com
    Chaos QA (V-Ray for 3ds Max)

Comment

Thank you for quick response and i hope it will be added in near future.

Best regards

Peter

Comment

Hey guys, sorry to revive this thread but i tested latest V-ray Next GPU version and this issue is still not resolved. I`m using alembic sequences extensively and it`s a bit disappointing i can`t do quick render test on GPU.

thank you

Comment

Hello!

Unfortunately there is still no development on this issue. Thank you for sharing its importance with us. I'll ping the developers about it.

Best regards,
          Margarita

Comment

I`m really sorry, but i have to remind you again - today i updated to latest production build V-Ray Next 4.02.04 and this is still not fixed.

V-Ray next GPU, vray proxy loading alembic file is still not replacing the # symbols with proper frame number on render, it does it only in viewport.

Comment

Hello!

I'm sorry to tell you that there is still no development on this issue.
              But, I spoke with the developer that is assigned to it and he looked into it. He assured me that he kowns exactly how to fix it and it will be fixed as soon as he completes some other urgent tasks he's in the middle of.

In the meantime, I can suggest some twisted workaround that seems to work in my tests... For it you need to format your filename and feed is as script per frame. This can't be done with Pre-render scripts and I couldn't find a way to execute it with neither parameter wiring nor controllers.

So, the twisted part is here:
              Create a PF Source object (From the create panel choose Particle Systems > PF Source). In the Modify panel press the Particle View button (or F6). In the Particle View window select and delete the complete Birth event with all its operators. Instead, create a Birth Script (drag the Birth Script operator from the depo at the bottom or press the right mouse button and select New > Birth Event > Birth Script). Link the new event to the PF Source event. Select the Birth Script operator and Press the Edit Script button in its parameters. In the script editor replace the "on Proceed pCont do" bracketed code with the formated filepath assignment to the proxy object.
              Example:
              Code:
              $VRayProxy001.fileName="D:\Assets\ProxyName_"+(formattedprint (currentTime.frame as integer) format:"04d")+".abc"
              This will dynamicly set file ProxyName_0001.abc in frame 1, ProxyName_0002.abc in frame 2, ... ProxyName_0055.abc in frame 55, etc, on frame change. Also, no particles will be found in the scene but the script will still be executed on each frame.
              This workaround works in production sequence rendering and also in IPR. For some reason it is not working at frame #0000, but it seems to handle well all other frames. An appropriate IF statement could be added for 0-frame in the Birth Script.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	twisted_workaround.png Views:	1 Size:	419.6 KB ID:	1002253

I know this looks ugly but it's some workaround. Anyway, the fix will be coming soon, I hope.

Best regards,
              Margarita

Last edited by Margarita.Stoeva; 28-06-2018, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Hello!

I'm happy to notify you that we have developed a fix for this issue an it will be included in the upcoming update of V-Ray Next.

Best regards,
                Margarita

Comment

Working...
                X