GPU memory usage creeping up then fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU memory usage creeping up then fails

Disclaimer: I'm new with VrayRT and GPU rendering, but I've used Adv for a few years. I have a new 1080Ti and I'm rendering a fairly simple animation of an HDRI environment rotating around an object, just to get a sense of how it looks from all angles. The problem is that with each new frame the GPU memory usage creeps up and then the render fails once the GPU memory is maxed out. What might be causing the memory creep?

What's your V-Ray version? Can you send me a simple scene that represents the problem?
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Version is 3.60.04. I've attached a file. The problem seems directly related to the HDRI file in the environment map. Seems like It can be any HDRI file, so just link one of your own into the map in the Material Editor. I'm rendering a sequence and then watching the GPU memory usage in GPU-Z. Every frame it goes up by 100MB+/-. More or less depending on the size of the HDRI used.

Maybe I'm doing something incorrectly with it?
      Attached Files

Comment

This is already fixed in V-Ray Next. You can workaround it with a Dome VRayLight and if this doesn't suite you, we can think of something else.

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

I switched to the Next GPU beta 3 and the memory problem did go away. However, now I have fireflies in my render (see attached image).

Comment

I can try to guess but that may take a while. Can you send me the scene?

Peter Matanov
            Chaos

Comment

Working...
            X