Standalone "opposite" output to GUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standalone "opposite" output to GUI

I know, confusing subject title, but that's the nature of this one!
    (on GPU) I've noticed a couple of disparities between Maya GUI VFB output and standalone, which has been slightly confusing, to say the least.

Best example:

Maya GUI
    Nparticles (shader type "spheres") - render perfectly in the VFB . (Wehaay!!) -IF rendered in IPR mode
    Nparticles (shader type "spheres") - non existant the VFB -IF rendered in PRODUCTION mode (CUDA)

VRay Command line/ Standalone
    Nparticles (shader type "spheres") - non existant the VFB -IF rendered in IPR mode -rtEngine=5
    Nparticles (shader type "spheres") - render perfectly in the VFB . (YAY!!) -IF rendered in PRODUCTION mode -rtEngine=0 (specified as CUDA in maya)

Maya 2018.2 Win 10 Vray3.60.04 build 28160

Hi,
    I'll make a few tests and see if I can reproduce it and I'll get back to you as soon as I have some more information.
    Thank you for your feedback.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

To me this sounds like sphere nParticles have a problem with GPU. Just a note, Standalone -rtEngine=0 is not the same as production rendering with CUDA in Maya, it's actually equal to production rendering with CPU in Maya.

Is there anything specific to the setup, besides using nParticle with the rendering type set to "spheres"?
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Sorry for the delay. It turns out that it is a known issue and is already fixed. I'll let you know if the the fixes are going to be included for download in the stable nightlies for V-Ray 3.6 as soon as I have that information from our developers.
        Ivan Shaykov
        chaos.com

Comment

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the delay here too - 4 day studio vacation with weekend and 1st May. Good to know that it's in hand now, thank you

Comment

Working...
          X