re-start RT Render Server Automatically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-start RT Render Server Automatically

I was wondering if there is an option somewhere to get the RT Render Server to automatically re-start after a rendering. I send my renderings to my old rig that has two 970's and I noticed that RT Render Server stays on after the rendering has completed. I noticed that it retains about 200 MB if not more in the memory after a job and it would be good if it automatically re-sets itself after a rendering is complete, pretty much like Adv can do. This way, the memory resets and I'd not run into a chance of having memory problems if I'm rendering all day on it.

This should be easily added in for the RT spawner, not sure for the manual started RT render servers though.
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
      This should be easily added in for the RT spawner, not sure for the manual started RT render servers though.
      Thanks Peter. I think you understood what I said, but essentially is exactly that VRay re-starts after each job on the slave, just like Advance has that option when you send through backburner. That way any cache memory is cleared out.

Comment

Yes, I understood
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X