Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray RT Auto add to active shade when assigning Vray as production render

Hey guys,
    Nearly every day, I need to convert a scene that is not from Vray to Vray.
    I've taken the habit to click on one of the icons in the vray toolbar as a message box appears to assign Vray as current renderer :

Super handy! as I don't have to mess around in the F10 dialogue box.

BUT, I still need to go in the F10 render dialogue box to assign Vray RT as active shade.

Would it be possible to have it assign RT as active shade at the same time as the production renderer?
    Would there be any reasons why not assigning Vray RT at the same time? Sure no one will ever use any other active shade renderer than RT when Vray is as production, am I wrong?

Thanks
    Stan
    Stan

The top (or leftmost) button in the V-Ray toolbar is a fly-out button that allows you start a V-Ray RT active shade render. It will ask you whether to switch to V-Ray RT if it's not selected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	toolbar_as.png
Views:	1
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	861981

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ah ha, well that's a good thing, it still require few additional mouse click though
      Plus that will start up the active shade, when I assign the renderer, it's usually at the start of the project so I don't want it to be starting the rendering process at that time, just setup the file.
      It's just those small things that make life faster and where you think less
      Hope this make sense
      Stan

Comment

Would the V-Ray Scene Converter work for you? I typically start every new job with it.

If not, please disregard...

-Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Sbrusse View Post
          Plus that will start up the active shade, when I assign the renderer, it's usually at the start of the project so I don't want it to be starting the rendering process at that time, just setup the file.
          Ah, ok, will see what can be done about it.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

The following MaxScript could be used as a temporary solution to assign V-Ray and V-Ray RT as a Production and ActiveShare renderers.
            http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...RayRenderer.ms

Just assign it as a shortcut or to a button and it should change both of them automatically if they are not already assigned.
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
            X