Relevant info on GPU buffer statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relevant info on GPU buffer statistics

I feel like we could have more info on the GPU side of things. Having the noise threshold and time elapsed is very useful, the others not so much personally. Things i would like to know while rendering are:

- Name for each GPU / Load % for each GPU / Temperature for each GPU
    - VRAM used
    - System Memory used
    - Geo primitives

- Not sure if possible but i would like to know what is consuming the most VRAM, for example: "Geometry: 300MB / Textures: 800MB " etc.

What version of V-Ray in what host app are you using ?
    For quite some time we report the memory usage in the log. It is something like this "[2016/May/6|16:50:08] Mtls 6.77MB, Geo 0.21MB, Lights 0.00MB, Other 129.95MB (data index 606)"
    The geo primitives, number of lights, etc, as well can be find in the log. I agree that the log is probably not the best place to put those and we have to make a nicer UI in the VFB for that.
    We also have the information for the GPU usage, probably we can put it in the statistics until the better UI for that in the VFB comes.
    V-Ray fan.
    Looking busy around GPUs ...
    RTX ON

Comment

Max 2015 SP3, Vray 3.30.05 (nightly from 3 weeks ago)

I suggested adding it to the statistics because personally i try to avoid the log. It's faster and less intrusive if it could be incorporated in the statistics. Most of the suggestions i made are present in octane for cinema4d... Their UI isn't the best but hopefully you guys could come up with something better Here's a link for ref: https://youtu.be/LSIV6HVYdj8?t=3m57s

Comment

Yes, I agree the log is very bad place to check for those stuff.
        I will try to see what we can do about putting that into the statistics or in a separate UI. We have also to figure out what to do if RT is being run with DR or out of process ...
        V-Ray fan.
        Looking busy around GPUs ...
        RTX ON

Comment

Working...
        X