Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Composite Map to work with GPU

Hey Vlado and team!

Well done on 3.4, amazing improvements! Since everyone is on a buzz about the Denoiser, I should say it is fantastic, so good job.

Now, I also was quite pleased to see how well Noise works in RT GPU in bump slot, was doing some random test and it is beautiful.

I know this was asked for before but could we try getting the Composite Map to work with GPU? This is mainly, at least for me, so that I can get a bump map and the VRayEdgesTex to work together.

As far as I know this is the only way for now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	edges.png
Views:	1
Size:	366.9 KB
ID:	862274
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
      As far as I know this is the only way for now:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30622[/ATTACH]
      Thanks Peter, I have tried this over and over and it does not work so well for me. Just tried it last night with a wood bump and it looks like dirt instead of a bump. Then I converted the bump map into a normal map and equally, does not work for me. I guess it is one of those things that works for some.

Comment

Originally posted by padre.ayuso View Post
        Thanks Peter, I have tried this over and over and it does not work so well for me. Just tried it last night with a wood bump and it looks like dirt instead of a bump. Then I converted the bump map into a normal map and equally, does not work for me. I guess it is one of those things that works for some.
        If you share any of the setups that didn't worked, we will be glad to check them out .
        V-Ray fan.
        Looking busy around GPUs ...
        RTX ON

Comment

Alright Blago, be ready, I'm setting up a couple I found. I saw that Mix and Mask are part of the updates to Bump in RT. So I thought perhaps Mix could work well with VRay Edges Tex but it did not. If you want to take a look from there, as Mix does work just not together with VRay EdgesTex and maybe it is a faster fix to get this to work together. Anyhow, I'll send the file and you can take a look at it. Let me recreate these scenarios quickly.

Best
          alex

Comment

Hey Padre,
            Mix will not work well with TexEdges with rounded edges ...
            Also I think I got your mail at some point but I think I might have lost it in the 3.40 release noise ... I am really sorry, can you send that again please ?
            Thanks again,
            Blago.
            V-Ray fan.
            RTX ON

Comment

Originally posted by savage309 View Post
              Hey Padre,
              Mix will not work well with TexEdges with rounded edges ...
              Also I think I got your mail at some point but I think I might have lost it in the 3.40 release noise ... I am really sorry, can you send that again please ?
              Thanks again,
              Blago.
              Got it! Sent it to you. The email has the attachment which is 17MB, if you don't get it let me know and I'll see if I can put it on dropbox.
              Alex

Comment

It is all good. Thanks a lot !
                V-Ray fan.
                RTX ON

Comment

Working...
                X