VrayVolumeGrid and Environment fog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayVolumeGrid and Environment fog

Volumetrics look like they're one of the main components of the cpu renderer that aren't yet supported on the gpu. I'm guessing volumetrics are a special case and there are some challenges getting it on the gpu, but it doesn't seem impossible give that a few other gpu renders are able to handle OpenVDB.

Is this something that is in progress and on the horizon? Any major hurdles preventing volume support from working in RT?

Originally posted by FIRELION View Post
    Volumetrics look like they're one of the main components of the cpu renderer that aren't yet supported on the gpu. I'm guessing volumetrics are a special case and there are some challenges getting it on the gpu, but it doesn't seem impossible give that a few other gpu renders are able to handle OpenVDB.

Is this something that is in progress and on the horizon? Any major hurdles preventing volume support from working in RT?
    I have heard of some work being done to support Vray Environment Fog in RT/GPU. Perhaps it might happen soon.

But in the meantime, have you tried the Environment/Atmosphere Effect VrayAerialPerspective?

-Alan

Comment

Cool, I didn't realize VrayAerialPerspective was supported in RT (it's listed as not supported for the gpu here https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...orted+Features and I didn't see it mentioned in the recent nightlies release notes). It seems pretty quick and I'll definitely use that where I can, still hoping for the (volumetric) holy grail of OpenVDB support.

Comment

Hey guys, just bumping the thread. Love to see RT GPU working with volume grids and enviro fog. Any progress/plans on these features?

thank you!
        Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

Comment

Working...
        X