Option: Turn off auto EffectsResult switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option: Turn off auto EffectsResult switching

Great idea in theory, yet I find it to be useless in practice. I'm talking about the frame buffer automatically switching to the Denoised version every so often.

In practice, I use RT to do very fine light and material tweaking. I turn off all my complex geometry to get back a really fast preview while I move things around. If I make a change every 2 seconds, wait for 1 second of feedback and continue, I'm continually switching back to the RGB result because the denoised version is just not updating fast enough (and at such an early stage in the render, it's smoothed away all the tiny details I'm trying to look at).

Hopefully you understand what I'm talking about.

Cheers,

James
    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

You can control the interval at which the denoiser is computed by adjusting the "Post effects rate" setting in the System tab. You can give it a lower value, or set it to 0 do disable the update of the denoiser during progressive rendering.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      You can control the interval at which the denoiser is computed by adjusting the "Post effects rate" setting in the System tab. You can give it a lower value, or set it to 0 do disable the update of the denoiser during progressive rendering.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Thank you kindly! Feel free to delete this post I suppose...
      James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
      Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Working...
      X