Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which render if you are not using Vray ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which render if you are not using Vray ?

just purchased my Phoenix 2 license .
    I am aware that Phoenix has 2 versions:
    Scanline and Vray.
    Considerinfg Phoenix is a 3ds max plugin , not a vray plugin , I assume it should work with other renderers
    like mental Ray which is 3dsmax native or Maxwell etc...
    Is there a way to use those renderers, I didn't install Phoenix 2 yet but tried the demo scanline version.
    Worked for the simulation and for the render ,I could only render foam.
    Please send me tutorial links if any !

Hi,

Phoenix has two different rendering modes for the fire/smoke stuffs and for the liquids. The fire part works with all the renderers that can render a standard 3ds max atmosphere, unfortunately this is not valid for mental ray.
    The rendering of the liquids requires V-Ray, because Phoenix does not have built-in mesher. Perhaps there will be Phoenix support in Frost soon, and this would be an alternative way to render the Phoenix liquids.
    The foam/splashes is rendered as 3ds max atmosphere so it works without V-Ray too, however with lower quality due to the lack of reflection/refraction.

Regards,
    Ivo

Comment

Please take a look at this :

Thank you for the info about Phoenix 2 and other Renderers.
      I asked Chaos for a Vray 2.0 trial in order to be able to use all the Phoenix 2.0 capabilities and Would like to
      show my first rendered simulation for champagne, using some of the Beer settings, as guide.
      Tried to post in the images forum , but for a any weird reason they denied access for me to post
      or even Write anything , already notified support but don't have reply so far.
      I think Phoenix 2.0 liquid, foam and splashes capabilities are fantastic, but
      We need more tutorials , not only sample files , really covering topics , like
      how to simulate Breaking waves or fishes jumping in the ocean.

Comment

Congrats, for the simulation
        yes, we know about the need of tutorials for Phoenix, and we made some, however they can't cover the entire region of potential applications.

Regards,
        Ivo

Comment

Sorry about double post, and thanks for helping with my doubts.

Comment

Working...
          X