How Can I minimize ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can I minimize ram?

I have a scene that keeps going over my ram limit (9 gigs)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11062584/Tan...rina%20Del.zip
    Is there something I can automate to reduce ram usage without reducing the grid?
    This file stopped at 73 frames. Frame computation was over an hour.
    When I reload the scene it takes a long time going up to the last frame computed. Should I decrease the grid then reload? Is there a step by step for reloading files and continuing from the last frame computed?
    Last edited by wxyz; 20-02-2012, 11:41 AM. Reason: new file

How can I reload and downgrade the sim without redoing all the previous frames?
    Last edited by wxyz; 20-02-2012, 11:34 AM.

Comment

i can't see the scene right now, cause i'm not in the office, hopefully the next week i will be able to help you

Comment

How can I control the rendering of the splashes? Shows up in the viewport, but not the render.

Comment

hi, i checked the scene,and here are my observations:
          - your foam settings have b2b interaction=8, that was meaningful during the beta stage, but now is not. if you use thick foam (like in a beer), use value above 3000, if not use zero. this option slows down the simulation speed and increases the RAM consumption.
          - your splashes shader has lost the particle system source, this is the reason you have nor rendering for them. reselect the source to fix the problem.

about "How can I reload and downgrade the sim without redoing all the previous frames?" i'm not sure how to understand this question

Comment

Thanks for your help. After a crash I want to resume the simulation. Do I use restore from the simulation menu or change the "read from MXS" parameter on the input menu? Also can the 'Maximal step" parameter be animated without creating glitches?

Comment

better use restore, it is exactly for this reason
              animating the spf is always visible in the cases when the liquid is settled, it changes the balance of the "forces"

Comment

Working...
              X