Vray 3.003 Lightcache stuck on 99%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3.003 Lightcache stuck on 99%

Taught I had a problem with V-ray 3.003 and Multiscatter, but after some testing done by me and the guys at R&D they suggested it's a V-ray problem specifically regarding 2sided materials.
    Here's the link to the original thread : http://forum.rendering.ru/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1287 - I've described all the peculiarities

And here's the link to the smaller scene: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0icanxrpd7...S_LC_Scene.rar

I was hoping on pushing this project through Vray 3 with embree...

I think this is fixed in the upcoming 3.00.04, but let me check with your scene. Also, you can email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com and I can get you a build to try out and see if it solves it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thx, but I'm on a tight deadline and have app. 20 animation scenes to send out to a renderfarm in about 2 weeks. When will the official, 3.004 be out?
      Suppose i manage to render the prepasses with the beta build. What would happen if I send them to a 3.003 render farm?

Comment

hi
        i am using vray 3 beta. i tried to render a scene with adaptive and adaptive subdivision i get noise in my scene but when i render the same scene with progressive its ok anybody can help

Comment

I've just tried the 3.004 beta build. Same problem. The overall LC calculation seems much slower and when the progress bar almost reaches the end, it falls back to the middle. The CPU usage gradually falls to 0% like the program is doing nothing.

Comment

Very well then; I asked for MultiScatter version and will try to reproduce it here with your file. I will let you know what I find out.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

I seem to have missed one more specific corner case with the Russian roulette that caused too deep recursion; will get you an updated build in a few minutes.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Got it. I just tried another much heavier scene. It works now!
                Will try to DR and some frames with pre-calculated passes on 3.003 machines to see what happens.
                Hope it works.

Thx. Vlado!

Comment

Working...
                X