Edge of the container

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edge of the container

Hi! Is there a way to avoid the edge of the container to be visible as a little bump? I need to create a simulation where the water is totally calm down, steady as a mirror, and then something drops and you see the waves it creates, but I always see the edge of the container. When you use the ocean texture, well, it is probably not that visible because of the texture, but I can't use that. Really hopping is possible.

Thanks!

try to use jammed boundary conditions, they produce better edge.

Comment

I tried, but it actually makes it worst, more like a straight edge.... sharper.... how can I get rid of this? I need the calm water and then the object is coming from under the water, and at that point things will start moving. I can not make a super huge boundary box or the simulation would never end. And with this edge I will never get it approved. I didn't knew there was no way to get a simulation without a vissible edge when purchased it.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	edges.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	855646

Comment

may be is there was a way to add a smooth transition between the simulated part and the infinite plane of the ocean.....

The other thing is, is is possible to get the kind of waves you would see on a some how calm lake, small things, not that super crisp ocean texture?

Thanks!

Comment

now i see, you didn't mention that use the extension. well, you need to decrease a bit the ocean level parameter in the rendering panel. both the levels the one set in the initial fill up and the other in the rendering, are not perfectly matched, because the simulated water is a bit compressed by the pressure, the exact value is not predictable. you have to perform some the fine tuning of the ocean level.

Comment

Working...
          X