Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

difference between phoenixfd for scanline and vray...and question about gpu renderers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between phoenixfd for scanline and vray...and question about gpu renderers

Hello,

We are considering buying Phoenix, but our main renderer is Octane for max, as such we know its possible for phoenix meshes to be rendered in octane, but id like to know how can splashes or foam be rendered in it as well? I ask because from my light read, i could gather that splashes and foam can on only be rendered in vray..is this true?

also whats the difference between phoenix for scanline and vray?

regards,
    Nildo

the splashes and foam can be rendered with other renderers too, with the following differences:
    1. the point mode ( the most used one) is rendered with no problems, it looks the same as with vray, but you have to check the shadows, they may not appear if the scanline mechanism for lighting is not supported by the renderer. in the worse case you can use scanline only for the foam, and add it in post
    2. the foam and splash mode (used for closeup views) can't use raytracing, no reflections and refractions are possible
    3. the foam shader works in atmosphere mode, this requires atmosphere support of the renderer. never tried with octane, better download the demo and try how it works

Comment

Originally posted by Ivaylo Katev View Post
      the splashes and foam can be rendered with other renderers too, with the following differences:
      1. the point mode ( the most used one) is rendered with no problems, it looks the same as with vray, but you have to check the shadows, they may not appear if the scanline mechanism for lighting is not supported by the renderer. in the worse case you can use scanline only for the foam, and add it in post
      2. the foam and splash mode (used for closeup views) can't use raytracing, no reflections and refractions are possible
      3. the foam shader works in atmosphere mode, this requires atmosphere support of the renderer. never tried with octane, better download the demo and try how it works
      Thanks for the reply

Comment

Working...
      X