V-Ray for Blender 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bdancer View Post
    AlSurface and AlHair nodes has been added to the BRDF menu.
    Wow, thank you!!!

Comment

• OSL Material and OSL Texture nodes have been added to Material and Textures menus in latest nightly builds.

Comment

• Originally posted by poseidon4o View Post
        OSL Material and OSL Texture nodes have been added to Material and Textures menus in latest nightly builds.
        Yeeeehhaaa!!!!!

Comment

• Hello everyone!

Happy to make my first post here

I just installed today's nightly 20170426 so I understand that the VRay for Blender addon should be 3.5 instead of 3.0 like they were until a few months ago. In the addons folder I have vb30 though, not vb35, and in the addons section of user prefs it says Render: V-Ray For Blender 3.0. I have also updated the exporter which is now v3.2155 ans I still seem to have only vb30. Is it a typo or for some reason the addon has been reverted to vb30 in the nightlies? Or is it just me?

I am just checking to make sure that everything is ok. I have VRay Standalone 3.5.04 (the latest up to date release). Everything else is fine as far as I can tell for the moment. Thank you!

Comment

• The python addon is still named vb30.

Comment

• The 'sRGB' option has been removed from Render -> System -> Exporter. Now the exporter uses the blender setting: Scene -> Color Management -> Display Device.

Comment

• Originally posted by Txeroki View Post
                Hello everyone!

Happy to make my first post here

I just installed today's nightly 20170426 so I understand that the VRay for Blender addon should be 3.5 instead of 3.0 like they were until a few months ago. In the addons folder I have vb30 though, not vb35, and in the addons section of user prefs it says Render: V-Ray For Blender 3.0. I have also updated the exporter which is now v3.2155 ans I still seem to have only vb30. Is it a typo or for some reason the addon has been reverted to vb30 in the nightlies? Or is it just me?

I am just checking to make sure that everything is ok. I have VRay Standalone 3.5.04 (the latest up to date release). Everything else is fine as far as I can tell for the moment. Thank you!
                welcome friend!

Comment

• Originally posted by PablonchoWorks View Post

welcome friend!
                  Thanks man!

Comment

• Hi guys,
                    Fog bias seems not to be working in the last version. No matter what value I use, the result is always the same.

Tested with this nightlies builds:
                    V-Ray: vraystd_adv_36101_x64_vc101_hwlic_27448
                    Blender: vrayblender35-2.78-ae32ee9-x86_64-windows

Sample scene:
                    http://pasteall.org/blend/index.php?id=47290
                    architect at oona

Comment

• Sorry guys, my fault.
                      Fog bias is working fine (for some reason it is less sensible to values than it used to be).

architect at oona

Comment

• I see the Vray for Blender builds are continuing to be updated, but there are no recent standalone builds (last one was June) Does it matter which standalone build we use with V/B? I'd like to submit some bug reports, but I'm not sure what is the latest setup I should be using. I'm using a May 25 vray3.5 build for the standalone. Is it OK to use the latest Blender nightly with this install, or should I use the June vray 3.6 standalone install?

Comment

• Originally posted by andybot_cg View Post
                          I'm using a May 25 vray3.5 build for the standalone.
                          Hi Andy, try looking in the download section of chaosgroup site (stable builds).
                          There is a newer one: V-Ray Standalone 3.60.03 ADV (Aug 2, 2017)
                          architect at oona

Comment

• Originally posted by leandro_cs View Post

Hi Andy, try looking in the download section of chaosgroup site (stable builds).
                            There is a newer one: V-Ray Standalone 3.60.03 ADV (Aug 2, 2017)
                            Ah, thanks! Didn't think to look there, I'd gotten so used to grabbing the latest nightly.

Comment

Working...
                            X