Swarm service doesn't start automatically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swarm service doesn't start automatically

The swarm service is very often not started. (but sometime it does...)
    We are with Win10 x64, the service is V-Ray Swarm v1.0.0.
    Here we can't start the service manually because the non-admin have no right to do that.

Anyone having the same trouble ?
    Try that and feedback :
    In the properties of the V-Ray Swarm Service, as an admin,
    Change from Automatic to Automatic (Delayed Start)
    The machine seems to start the service after reboot.

What about you ?

I was having the same problem with my newly built render farm. All 8 nodes would not start Swarm automatically. I would have to stop Swam service and then start Swarm service which was just tedious for all 8 nodes whenever they would restart. I have since changed from Automatic to Automatic (Delayed Start) and now Swarm starts up after about 2 minutes from booting up. Thanks for the tip. I appreciate it.

What we did in the interim was used Auto Hot Keys and created a shortcut to execute V-Ray Swarm (stop service) wait 2 seconds and then execute V-Ray Swarm (start service). Put the code on an Arduino with a momentary button so that we could initiate it physically from each computer versus having to log onto each node and do it remotely. We are still keeping the buttons in play in case Swarm stops for some reason.
    Last edited by akos_seres; 29-01-2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

We always recommend to all of our clints, to set the V-Ray Swarm service with Automatic(Delayed Start), because sometimes when the service is started, but the network card is not, there could be some issues.
      Also make sure that in the same V-Ray Swarm properties window > "Log On' tab , you are logged in with the Admin credentials, so that the service be started with the proper rights for your machine.
      Please test the above suggestions and if the service is still not started, please check if there is antivirus or firewall, that could be stopping the service from running.
      Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
      support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
      X