Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higher Resolution Causes Jagged Edge

Hi everyone,

When i try to render higher resolutions, renders start to get 'jagged edges'. I got some test renders to show the issue (I use default high-low preset feature of vray 3.4 beta, also AA filter option is on with Catmull Rom):

Seems like the problem is about antialiasing (AA) or my graphic card but i'm not sure how to solve it.

Note that updating my OS & graphic card didn't solve the issue.

I use Sketchup Pro 2017 + Vray 3.4 Beta
    Graphic Card: AMD Radeon HD 5450

Update on the issue:
    When i render with 'region render' feature on 'vray frame buffer' , render looks just fine. (Images in my first post are rendered as a whole room, then i cropped them in GIMP and bring them together.)

Comment

I think it has to do with the section material. It is currently set to none (according to your other thread). That could mean it uses the default SU material which is pure white (255,255,255). Maybe if you change that to off-white or assign a material to your section material the jagged edges are gone?

Best,
      AMD Ryzen 9, RTX 2080Super, ArchiCAD 24, Vectorworks 2020, Sketchup 2021 Pro, Vray Next for Sketchup, Skatter, Twinmotion 2020

Comment

Originally posted by peerman View Post
        I think it has to do with the section material. It is currently set to none (according to your other thread). That could mean it uses the default SU material which is pure white (255,255,255). Maybe if you change that to off-white or assign a material to your section material the jagged edges are gone?
        There is no section or vrayclipper in this case, just a scene on top of ceiling looking downwards. And ceiling backface is default vraymtl with opacity set %0. Here i applied a brown material to show the ceiling plane.
        I tried changing colours but it didn't fix anything.

Also here is my thread that peerman refering to: http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...le-of-the-room

Comment

In the older version of the public beta, the Progressive renderer was defaulted to stop after like a minute. Turn off the timer in your progressive settings and this problem will go away. Essentially your not reaching the desired noise threshold.

Comment

Originally posted by ted.vitale.jdk View Post
            In the older version of the public beta, the Progressive renderer was defaulted to stop after like a minute. Turn off the timer in your progressive settings and this problem will go away. Essentially your not reaching the desired noise threshold.
            Thank you Ted, i made the Render Time = 0 and that solved the problem!
            I wished when i make it 'High Quality' preset, it automatically brings down the render time setting to 0 ...

In the meantime i by-passed the problem by using bucket rendering.

Comment

Glad I could help. You should grab a trial version of the new 3.4 that was released last week. You won't have this issue anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X