Vray LIcense Server Not Working - Crashing Sketchup Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray LIcense Server Not Working - Crashing Sketchup Pro

Hi, I installed Vray and Vray latest server on my Windows 10 system. Every time I try to do anything in Vray from within SketchUp Pro 2018 then SketchUp crashes. When i go to the Vray license server it says on notifications
    vrlservice stopped.
    and
    Dongle subsystem unavailable (connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:30314)
    I was never given a Dongle and told i don't need it

I have also attached a screen shot and the log .zip, hopefully you can help.

Thanks

Federico
    Attached Files

Hi Federico,

It doesn't look like a license problem, vrlservice is the sub - service that is responsible for the dongle licensing, if you click on Dongle->Disable you won't get more errors in the license server menu.
    Make sure you have the following redistributable packages installed:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48145
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=14632

You can also have a look at the thread below

https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...r-vray-upgrade
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi, i have the Microsoft software above installed, i did need to install the 2nd one above, but the first one was already installed

Also, I disabled Dynamic Extension in Sketchup, saved a scene, shut down and restarted,

Vray is still crashing.

Once again the problem is with your server, also see this thread
      https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...e-server-error

Bascially VRL services is always crashed on my system and will not shut down, it says shutting down even after 20 minutes of waiting for it to stop

On system reboot it still does not work.

I just also wrote this on the other thread, but since this is the newer thread with this issue, I also put it here.

Comment

You can try installing the new minor release, it contains quite a lot bug fixes - https://download.chaosgroup.com/down...chup-36002-adv
        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi thanks

2 things
          1st- I can not download the minor release and get a 401 error page when using the url even after logging into my account https://download.chaosgroup.com/401
          2nd- I still can not uninstall vray server as vrol.exe will not stop
          even on restarting the computer VRL is always stopping, it is crashed all the time
          please let me know how to uninstall or delete manually, or maybe i can imput something in the screen below that shows up on uninstall

Thanks for hopefully helping out, it is so frustrating to still not be able to use your software after over a week of constant crashes etc.
          Attached Files

Comment

oh i just notice in my Download page that a new release of Vray came out yesterday, so maybe you took down that link. I downloaded the new release but still need to figure out how or why VRL servies won't shut down. I think my issue is with the vray server crashing for some reason and not the vray software. Thanks for hopefully helping out.

Comment

Please help Can not install your software correctly. I want to do a clean install but now swarm now won't un install

First, I finally uninstalled the Vrol vray server, but it was extremely dificult as mentioned earlier it was always stopping even on multiple restarts and shutdowns of my computer. I finally got it to not run on restart by doing a hard shutdown of my laptop. So finally uninstalled it, but...

Now Swarm will not uninstall and is always running on restart. I actually uninstalled it, but it would not uninstall and created errors. It is always running on restart or shutdown and on hard restart,

please let me know how to delete the final files so that i can do a clean install as maybe the issue was swarm and not vrol

please see attached images showing uninstall erors and always running and end process does not shut it down.

Thanks for hopefully helping me delete and I pray on new reinstall i can run your software without crashing sketchup. this has been extremely frustrating and i am hoping you can continue to help until i get it working
              Attached Files
              Last edited by federicoUS; 18-02-2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

I also just realized their is a new version of swarm, ie 1.4.3 just released on Feb 8th. I noticed i did not download swarm before, but it was installed from installing vray. So my question is, is the new version of swarm in the new Vray 3.60.02 for sketchup, please confirm as a bug in swarm may have been the issue all along and not vrol

Comment

The new standalone Swarm build is the same that's included in V-Ray 3.60.02 installer.
                  It's possible that you're getting stuck at deleting the service, although I'm not sure why you need to reinstall the license server and Swarm, I was left with the impression that you need only V-Ray re-installed.

There may be several reasons for service being stuck when deleting
                  1. SysInternals' Process Explorer is opened.
                  2. Microsoft Management Console (MMC) is opened. To ensure all instances are closed, run taskkill /F /IM mmc.exe. This includes Task Manager, "Services" console, Event viewer etc.
                  3. Someone else is logged into the computer and has one of the previously mentioned applications opened.
                  4. The installer for V-Ray/Swarm/License server is still active (you've not clicked on the "Finish") button while you try to delete manually some files
                  5. You are not executing the installer with Admin permissions
                  Please review the above, if you still have problems - send us a mail at support@chaosgroup.com
                  Last edited by ivan.slavchev; 20-02-2018, 12:28 AM.
                  Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks,
                    I couldn't uninstall swarm, but just did install again with new updates and all seems to be working fine.

Thanks for all your help

Comment

Working...
                    X