wave length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good start into the week folks!
    squintnic it's so good what minh created, indeed i contacted him via insta dm and when you take a close look at the insta post you will see i immediately started to ask questions hahaa
    He's a super nice guy and he quickly replied. I really like his latest work, don't know if minh is in here too?

OLIKA
    www.olika.de

Comment

Here's the result from the 5 day long sim.
      I think the results are kind of better although this blocky movement is not gone at all. I assume the oceantex with detail at 1 and be super large in the the waveforce maybe is creating some probs. But that's just a assumption.
      Also used the smooth input channel again plus meshsmooth on this one.
      I will try to render this one out i think, let's see what motion blur and stuff is doing

OLIKA
      www.olika.de

Comment

hmmm i'm encountering something strange here while rendering the sequence.
        It renders fine for the first 300 frames or so and then suddenly the splashes start to disappear and then randomly show up for some frames like 50 frames later or so.
        In the sim playblast you can see splashes behaving properly and are there consistent, so i don't think it's in the cache files itself?

Is there some kind of ram limit, like i.e. when it hits the limit it skips rendering it? Not aware of such a thing actually

*Update:

I could track it down to the optimize congestion option in the splashes render settings.
        I unchecked it because the docs saying it could cause problems in animations but in my case it leads to disappearing particles.
        Had to turn it on again to make the splashes show up again in the render.
        Seems it's the only option doing some on the disappearing. Looks fine now.
        Last edited by olika; 08-08-2020, 04:20 AM.
        OLIKA
        www.olika.de

Comment

Hey, can you send over the scene with just one cache file where you get disappearing particles? They are supposed to only shrink and only bubbles entirely inside other bubbles should be skipped entirely, so something is not right.
          Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Optimize congestion works great when it is working. Saves a ton on memory and time I have yet to have a failure of it, but this is interesting. Maybe some rogue giant particles are throwing it off.

Would love to hear what the cause was...
            Last edited by Joelaff; 09-08-2020, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Hi Svetlin.Nikolov

i send you the scene via wetransfer support
              OLIKA
              www.olika.de

Comment

This is the final render of my breaking wave attempt with phoenix 4
                Many things still to improve but i and learned a lot with this RnD.

Simmed with Phoenix 4
                Rendered with vray in 3dsmax
                80mil liquid cells
                4 SPF
                Simtime approx. 5-10 minutes total of roundabout 5 days
                Rendertime approx. 10-20 minutes
                Countless chanceled render approaches

OLIKA
                www.olika.de

Comment

Hey,

Thanks a lot for the scene. In our tests, only a few particles are being removed, which are only the ones that are supposed to. So looks like there is no bug here.

A few things to note:

- Splash mode will not render inside the liquid mesh, as long as it's plugged into the Particle Shader as Liquid simulator, no matter renderable or not.

- Thus, in animation, some particles rendered as Splash might be going in an out of the mesh pieces flying in the air and this would make them disappear.

- Also, in your case you're using subgroup, so Optimize Congestion might shrink some particles, so they might cross the threshold on some frames and disappear, while they might appear later again.

Cheers!
                  Last edited by Svetlin.Nikolov; 10-08-2020, 09:42 PM.
                  Georgi Zhekov
                  Phoenix Product Manager
                  Chaos

Comment

I'm curious - are the foam particles got birth from splashes?
                    I just can't seem to trust myself
                    So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
                    ---------------------------------------------------------
                    CG Artist

Comment

Paul Oblomov jep only through splashes
                      OLIKA
                      www.olika.de

Comment

olika I have read again all the topic. So, finally, no solution for the popping sea mesh splotches, right ?
                        www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

waaazoo nope, unfortunately not from my side
                          OLIKA
                          www.olika.de

Comment

hmm, thanks. I notice those popping splotches also in "simple" boat sims and I find those annoying, and they shouldn't happen.
                            www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

waaazoo hm it seems like Paul Oblomov went down that road heavily last year

https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...ater-artifacts
                              OLIKA
                              www.olika.de

Comment

Unfortunately we never got a scene that helps catch the issue... If you guys have such a setup, please help.
                                Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Working...
                                X