Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.Max Sketchbook 2017

Hi everyone
    Here I will try to share my rendering RnD that I do weekly in my free time and would love to here some feedback from you guys and of course any question is welcomed too
    Nawras,
    Best regards,
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
    Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

I have been testing this new workflow using Kim Amland photographic LUTs for a while now and it seems to work great for the usual archviz work .
    The only side down for doing this in V-Ray against Corona or PS that we can't reduce the percentage of this LUT so I had to add a custom curve to re-balance the image .
    Both images are directly from VFB
    You can read more about these LUTs and download it from here:
    https://goo.gl/bYUqOv

Comment

I would be interested in your workflow for setting up the lighting, shading etc., for the linear raw image that allows for the best control later when applying the LUTs.

Comment

Originally posted by LeePuznowski View Post
        I would be interested in your workflow for setting up the lighting, shading etc., for the linear raw image that allows for the best control later when applying the LUTs.
        I'm still developing my work flow but here it is ..For the lighting I keep the image flat and a bit underexpose and for the material I don't use very dark/bright colors ..this is the main thing.
        For the render setup what's matter is to don't apply any color mapping and leave it as default if you want to save in linear .
        I hope that's help

Comment

How are you keeping the lighting flat? Not overexposing the lights I can see, but are you also doing something specific to keep the shadows flat too? Are you controlling your materials (ie. textures) directly in the 3d program or when preparing the textures in photoshop? I generally just look for the best values when rendering but would like to incorporate more of that photographic (ie. LUTs) look as you seem to have done above. Thanks.

Comment

There is no specific way for this I just keep playing around with the lighting ..for example here I've used a HDRi with not so contrast and kept the gamma at 1.0 give me which the right balance that I want between direct and ambient light .
            for the texture i might darken/lighting them them a bit using rgb amount under bitmap but not that much

Comment

Working on this material that sent by client ..the funny part is once I finished it I get a call from the cleint telling me he changed it !=D

Comment

One of my students asked me about how to make this foggy mood in an efficient way, so instead of VRayEnvironmentFog I have used VrayScatterVolume Shader which seems to work great here .

Max file( +2013): https://goo.gl/Q0jQ4y
                Original file for Fstorm was provided for free by by Zhiyao Chen - www.zchen.ca

Comment

Originally posted by M.Max View Post
                  One of my students asked me about how to make this foggy mood in an efficient way, so instead of VRayEnvironmentFog I have used VrayScatterVolume Shader which seems to work great here .

Max file( +2013): https://goo.gl/Q0jQ4y
                  Original file for Fstorm was provided for free by by Zhiyao Chen - www.zchen.ca
                  Is that a faster way to create fog?
                  A.

---------------------
                  www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post

Is that a faster way to create fog?
                    it was faster iirc but needs to test again to see by how much .
                    file is included if you want to try it
                    Best regards,

Comment

Testing Vray 3.6 and Hybird rendering
                      (2K -NT 0.005)
                      GTX 970 + Dual Xeon 2650 V3
                      RT GPU+CPU 11:15
                      RT GPU 18:23
                      RT CPU 37: 35
                      BF + LC Adv CPU 29:24
                      IM + LC Adv CPU 31:18

Comment

Finally I find free time to do something away from the boring Archviz stuff that I do daily !
                        it is one hour for setup the scene and one hour for render
                        of course it is inspired by Beeple work =D
                        I hope you like it

Comment

Last one looks cool, you should add in the 3d scan of Vlado in there lol.
                          Cheers,
                          -dave
                          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by M.Max View Post
                            Finally I find free time to do something away from the boring Archviz stuff that I do daily !
                            it is one hour for setup the scene and one hour for render
                            of course it is inspired by Beeple work =D
                            I hope you like it
                            1 hour? I'd love to see a timelapse of that
                            A.

---------------------
                            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Thanks guys!
                              Heheh yes I have Vlado scan somewhere on my pc and would be cool to put it here =D

Here is a short timelapse I posted on my facebook today ( no cuts just 10x speed)
                              https://www.facebook.com/nawras.ryha...88290757879598
                              ​​​​​Hope you find it useful
                              Last edited by M.Max; 16-08-2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X