X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New feature ideas

Hello,

I would like to hear your ideas and wishes for new features in this thread. Think about what do you need and is missing in your workflow now. What is slowing you down and would help you vizualize your ideas even better.

Please give detailed info - what's the feature you want; how it's going to fit in your workflow; what are you doing now to workaround its absence?

One more request - please use the "like" system if you see somebody else already described the feature you want. More likes = more weight on the respective entry. If you have more than one proposal - use separate replies.

If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Nice initiative! Here's my 2 cents:
    - How about a geometry-based displacement system such as VRayPattern? FStorm has something in the likes with its FstormGeoPattern. It would make people's lives much easier when adding detail to moldings, frames, fabrics and so on...
    V-Ray Evangelist, Trainer and Freelancer
    www.behance.net/rickeloy

Comment

Another: automatic VRayLightSelect. In arch viz we usually have lots of instanced lights, so it would be nice to add all instances automatically to one single VRayLightSelect element (or maybe by layer or group).
      V-Ray Evangelist, Trainer and Freelancer
      www.behance.net/rickeloy

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Eloy View Post
        Another: automatic VRayLightSelect. In arch viz we usually have lots of instanced lights, so it would be nice to add all instances automatically to one single VRayLightSelect element (or maybe by layer or group).
        You can do by layer.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hi, guys =) Happy New Year!

I think, this is good idea =) Good topic =)

So, I think we need "Zoom region render" in Vray IPR, like as Corona have.

Please watch this video to understand, what I mean =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiIwBmUF84I

This feature is very helpfull and save time.

My tutorials channel - https://www.youtube.com/AndrewKrivulya
          Portfolio - https://www.artstation.com/artofcharly
          -----
          Win 10, 3080 - 16 Gb Laptop, 64Gb RAM, i9-11980HK - 5Ghz
          AERO 15 OLED YD

Comment

A solution for stacking multiple reflection coats with correct rough fresnel and all. Without having to use the blend mtl in additive mode, which is a pain.
            More on this here: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...830#post808830
            Last edited by Ihno; 09-01-2019, 05:21 AM.
            German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Feature :
              A Lightmixer like in Corona and Maxwell with the ability to "transfer" the changes to the scene for the final rendering.

The use:
              1-to quickly balance the lighting and try different combinations without the need for re-rendering especially with very big scenes.
              2-last minute changes that I could apply per shot for the final rendering.

As a workaround:
              1-I'm using IPR which is not as efficient and require re-rendering from scratch so comparing with different moods not as easy as in Ligmixer.
              2- I can build a light mixer in Nuke/Fusion but moving back and forth between multiple programs isn't efficient and overcomplicate things.

-------------------------------------------------------------
              Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
              Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Eloy View Post
                A small note that for V-Ray Next Update 1 we already support light select by layer. I think groups work as well.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                Last edited by vlado; 05-01-2019, 04:37 PM.
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by M.Max View Post
                  A Lightmixer like in Corona and Maxwell with the ability to "transfer" the changes to the scene for the final rendering.
                  The light mixer is on the “to do” list Anything else besides that?

Best regards,
                  Vlado

I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I am not sure if this can be considered as a feature but I am hoping users can switch CPU and GPU engine during IPR without a re-translation of the scene (re-converging noise is ok) and with consistent results.
                    always curious...

Comment

Official vraycamlister.

There are probably scripts that work fine but having one as standard in the toolbar would be nice.

Comment

The Bucket timeout feature to combat stuck buckets.

I think the idea was a timelimit for buckets and if it surpasses it it gets re-done or split into smaller buckets. Or just ignored so a render could finish. I personally hardly use bucket rendering because of this.

Comment

Official Vray library.

A compact library with base materials and a couple of standard vray scenes (archviz, automotive, studio, ect).

Would be nice to somehow create a baseline that you can base everything on. I've created one based on a number of suppliers/tutorials (quixel, pgskies, early grant warwick, etc) but it always has a certain subjectivity.

Comment

A decent material preview.

I hardly look at the actual material preview in the material/slate editor as it seems pretty pointless. Having one that has decent lighting (adjustable from presets incl rotation) and a neutral/natural background (also from presets) would be nice. Even as a separate ipr window would be fine for me.

Comment

VrayDisplacement with distance falloff setting.

I try to stay away from displacement as the scenes are nearly always to large to use (exterior archviz). I created a falloff map in my material but that only works for 3d displacement. Just being able to say that displacement will be zero at 25m from cam would be far easier. (Also for 2d displacement).

Comment

Working...
                              X